Best Port to Snorkel on our Panama Canal Cruise

SwimPB

We will be at the ports of Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Costa Rica and Aruba in the month of October. We want to snorkel at one or two of these ports. Which port would everyone recommend for snorkeling and what tour did you take or do on your own? I have read so many different ones and now just more confused..... 

In Aruba, you can take the public bus (2.50  US each way) to Arashi Beach.  Facing the water to your left, snorkeling is decent.  There is now beach chair rentals and a dive shop where you can rent snorkle equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I've snorkeled at Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Aruba.  At Cabo we went around to the ocean side of the peninsula and it was too rough for me.  At PV there were jellyfish and I got bitten by one--not a pleasant experience.  Never had any problems at Aruba.  Usually they take you to where some ships sank and are now "reefs".  Last time we were there (a year or two ago) it was too rough to go that site so we dropped anchor not too far from the dock--not much to see there.  We usually cruise in Jan. so don't know if snorkeling is any different at other times.

Edited by BarbinMich