Looking for a cruise in july 2020, in Americas, any ideas?

Lou2204

We're looking to book our next holiday, preferably with cruise, for July 2020. I have been looking (also on this site) for cruises in that month, but find there are so few options. We would  have loved to cruise the Panama Canal, but they don't sail in July. We'd love to do Central America, but only find MSC Seaside to Caribbean. (We have done this itinerary already..)

I'm now thinking: is this just a bad month to cruise around the americas? (South America search only produced one cruise in the Galapagos Islands) Or maybe I'm searching in the wrong places, that's also very possible.

Would love to hear your input and advice on where to cruise in July. 

Best regards,

Marlou 

47 minutes ago, Lou2204 said:

We're looking to book our next holiday, preferably with cruise, for July 2020. I have been looking (also on this site) for cruises in that month, but find there are so few options. We would  have loved to cruise the Panama Canal, but they don't sail in July. We'd love to do Central America, but only find MSC Seaside to Caribbean. (We have done this itinerary already..)

I'm now thinking: is this just a bad month to cruise around the americas? (South America search only produced one cruise in the Galapagos Islands) Or maybe I'm searching in the wrong places, that's also very possible.

Would love to hear your input and advice on where to cruise in July. 

Best regards,

Marlou 

Keep looking.

Oceania has a Panama Canal - SF to NY starting July 5.

You could  do New England  to Montreal Canada  or similar route in July

Something different  try a Great Lakes cruise   with Victory cruises

American River  cruise  American Queen Steamboat company

Lot of options for July

Most ships head to Europe in the summer   so not many do the Panama Canal

Great suggestions all, thanks so much! The river cruise is interesting too. Will go and check out your tips now. And we're from Europe, so they're in fact coming our way ;-) But Europe in the summer is sooooo busy in the usual ports of call. 

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Most ships head to Europe in the summer   so not many do the Panama Canal

While it is true that many cruise lines shuttle their ships between the Mediterranean in the summer and the Caribbean in the winter, of the mainstream lines, RCI, Carnival, NCL, MSC, Celebrity, and Princess, as examples, have a combined 20 ships that are permanently based in the US doing Caribbean itineraries in July, 1920.  So there are a good number of ships in the region that time of year.

However, while there are a few, there are not many cruise lines that currently offer Panama itineraries in general, with many that do offering them as single repositioning cruises, or longer East Coast / West Coast US itineraries that currently do not coincide with July 1920.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

37 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

While it is true that many cruise lines shuttle their ships between the Mediterranean in the summer and the Caribbean in the winter, of the mainstream lines, RCI, Carnival, NCL, MSC, Celebrity, and Princess, as examples, have a combined 20 ships that are permanently based in the US doing Caribbean itineraries in July, 1920.  So there are a good number of ships in the region that time of year.

I agree  but the OP asked about  Panama cruises   which are limited  during July

I just  gave some other options for  July  on this side of the pond

YMMV

Just now, LHT28 said:

I agree  but the OP asked about  Panama cruises   which are limited  during July

I just  gave some other options for  July  on this side of the pond

YMMV

As did I with the suggestion for Bermuda.  Not many options with Panama in July for sure - just wanted to clarify that there are a number of non-seasonal ships based in the US year round to choose from.

Heat.  I have heard that Europe is hot in July and August.  Panama is even hotter, truly blistering.  Heck, Panama was hot, hot, hot when we were there in early November.

Frequent cruisers are just not looking for that in the summer.  Alaska, Norway, the Baltic....No reason to pay good money for scorching heat when places like Alaska, Norway, North Atlantic, the Baltic are available.