Should I avoid the Miracle? Is the ship really as bad as people say?

No it’s not. It’s fine. It doesn’t have all the new upgrades but it’s a clean ship with a good crew. I believe it does have a dry dock coming up where it’ll get some of the new stuff. We sailed her in March and had a great time. 

• Like 1

Pick any ship from any cruise line and you will find bad reviews,plenty of them. If I trusted reviews I would never step foot on a cruise ship. And if Miracle is "too old" then so is an awful lot of the Carnival fleet. They have many ships older than Miracle.

• Like 2

If you read enough on these postings - the spirit class ships actually are very well liked. Miracle was our first ship and I would love to sail on her again, but I am an east coast guy and don’t really travel west to take cruises. There are older ship (and there are certain ships that get poor reviews)- just follow along here and you will read, but the Miracle is in general very well liked. 

• Like 2

We went on the Miracle last April and really enjoyed our cruise.  I fact we found that we really liked the Spirit class so much we booked 2 more cruises on a Spirit class ship.  I will say the dining room is pretty over the top but you get over and don’t notice it much after the first night.  Probably our favorite thing on the Miracle ( spirit class) is the deeper balconies not long and narrow, that has been our one issue with Carnival compared to other cruise lines.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruiseLoverFromNorCal said:

I am considering the Miracle for next April out of San Francisco but after reading recent reviews of the ship I am having second thoughts. People say it’s the worst Carnival ship and it’s too old. Is it really that bad? Thanks in advance. 

Hi

I would say that if you read this forum regularly you would notice that every week or so there is a new "worst ship" mentioned by someone.

With that insight, I would say that if you are generally OK with Carnival, you will likely have a great time no matter which ship (barring some unfortunate issues). 

Carnival has built it's reputation as the "fun ships" delivering a good product for many years, if you are looking for a more upscale experience, then you should look elsewhere, the ship doesn't matter.

hope this helps

have a great cruise 

• Like 1

Add me to the list of fans of Miracle. We were on Miracle last year for Christmas and had a great time. Personally, Miracle is my 2nd favorite Carnival ship behind Magic and ahead of Breeze. 

As others have stated, the design of Spirit class ships is Carnival’s best in my opinion. They also have the best Serenity areas by far in my book. 

• Like 2

If people went by the bad ship reviews on this site no one would ever cruise. The majority of cruisers don't write reviews, and the ships continue to sail full.

The Spirit class is also our favorite but Carnival went with other designs so it is what it is.  We loved the Miracle and the Legend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cruised on 92 ships so far and half of them were on Carnival...we are straying away from Carnival after our last two carnival cruises this year but that is only because "certain ships" felt very crowded, some ships needed some TLC and most importantly the food is not what we expect it to be...every cruise line has cut costs.

With that being said, the good news is the Miracle will be in dry dock on February 2020-March 2020, she will have routine hotel maintenance, cosmetic enhancements, new carpeting, tile work, new furniture and new fabrics in lounges and public area...she have an alchemy bar, a skybox sports bar, cherry on top and a RedFrog Pub.  If the food is not on top of your important list, I will say sail this ship she be nicely updated and just out of her dry dock.

• Like 1

We are booked on the Miracle in April 2020 for the Hawaii Jouney cruise. Not worried. You have to take all reviews with a grain of salt as they are people's opinions. Besides, she has a drydock scheduled for next February and any upgrades are added bonuses! Can't wait!!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 4:43 AM, boomhower said:

No it’s not. It’s fine. It doesn’t have all the new upgrades but it’s a clean ship with a good crew. I believe it does have a dry dock coming up where it’ll get some of the new stuff. We sailed her in March and had a great time. 

We sailed her in March as well and had a great time - she's definitely a smaller ship and is due for her dry dock time.  The staff was wonderful, the ship was clean - if you are a fan of the Punchliner, I would recommend arriving early for shows - it's a small space and fills quickly.

• Like 1