early flight from barcelona cruise terminal

donegal rose

hi, we are arriving at 0600 into barcelona cruise terminal at end of cruise on a saturday. 

affordable flights to dublin are 10.20 or 11.00 or very late in evening and as we are travelling with young children we dont want to hang around for evening or night flights

if we prebook taxi to airport what is the earliest we can get off the ship in order to make these flights and is it doable??

we will be checked in but will have to drop bags off

7 hours ago, donegal rose said:

hi, we are arriving at 0600 into barcelona cruise terminal at end of cruise on a saturday. 

affordable flights to dublin are 10.20 or 11.00 or very late in evening and as we are travelling with young children we dont want to hang around for evening or night flights

if we prebook taxi to airport what is the earliest we can get off the ship in order to make these flights and is it doable??

we will be checked in but will have to drop bags off

The 10.20 flight is RyanAir!  I would go for Aer Lingus at 11am even if it is more expensive. Debark by 8am, in your taxi and away by 8.30, at the airport by 9.15 no problem!  Just be aware that EI normally 'parks' at distant gates and it is a long walk to the gate. Give yourself plenty of time to get there, specially with kids in tow!

When we were in Barcelona last October, the airport was a disaster.   We were at the airport in plenty of time but the airline clerks (AirCanada) did not start helping people until exactly 2 hours prior to take-off.   There were people all over the place and what were once lines turned into a mass of bodies.   We got through fine but I wonder about those people who were at the back of the mass.   

The other airlines looked just as packed with people, too.  

And there are several check-points to go through before you get to the gate so this takes time, too. 

Our plane left at 11:45 am and we had an 8 pick-up at the cruise ship pier (J&G Elegance Cars).  

7 hours ago, donegal rose said:

I would feel happier gettin off ship earlier even if i had to take the bags off meself. Wud  try for 07.30 if possible. Thanx for the info n will book airlingus for the extra time. 

Do self assist (take your own bags off) and line up early and you more than likely will be off the ship around 7:00am....Head straight to the taxi line...I actually think that will be faster than looking for a pre-arranged one. Book the 11:00am flight....Best of luck.

21 hours ago, donegal rose said:

great, thank you. gona do prearranged transport as theres about 13 of us so will get a minibus much cheaper than individual taxis. thanx again

Well then yes, with a group of that size (13) pre-arranged would work out best in this case.

You're so very welcome...glad we on this board could be of some help...Enjoy your travels.

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 5:17 AM, donegal rose said:

great, thank you. gona do prearranged transport as theres about 13 of us so will get a minibus much cheaper than individual taxis. thanx again

What company did you use to arrange for your group of 13? We have a group of 13 cruising from Barcelona in June. Thanks!

hi there, i didnt actually book it yet, still early for may but got price off ZIP TRANSFERS.COM   and was 62 euro for 13 of us also quote off  SUN TRANSFERS.COM  70 EURO one way,  BOTH ARE FOR A MINIBUS OR SMALL COACH. THOUGHT BOTH PRICES VERY GOOD

• Like 1