Savusavu Snorkeling Tour

dusty1117

Not a great snorkeler and have some questions.

Does the company PG hires to do the tour have noodles or floaters?  Assume the boats are small

and have ladders to get in and out.  Just wondering whether I should let DH go alone.

I know I should post on excursions but this is specific to PG.

I can tell you that the Paul Gauguin will provide mask, fins, snorkel as well as a snorkeling vest.  You do not need a noodle or anything from an outside vendor as you will take the PG equipment with you for any excursion.  The vest is lightweight, easy to wear, and you inflate it to whatever degree you feel most comfortable with.

A noodle is really dangerous since you may be relying on the device for floatation.  Any device that you need for floatation should be worn, not held.  I have seen close calls when someone let their "float" go and then they almost drowned.

Just remember to request the flotation vest when you pick up your equipment at the start of the cruise--it's an optional extra that most people don't want or need.

Since Savusavu is an unusual port for the PG, you may not get any remarks about the boat itself--if you can find out the name of the tour operator, you could check Tripadvisor I'm guessing.