Question about booking a one- time offered itinerary

disneydancersmom

Hello all!

I  have always wanted to do a British Isles cruise but most of them include Iceland. Celebrity is offering one itinerary next May with all of the ports I would like to visit.

We haven't cruised often but we cruised celebrity two years ago ( Carribean) and I booked it though American Airlines when they had some good perks offered. So, would you book sooner without really many perks or wait for offers or for the price to come down? Would you book through  a travel agent or through just an online booking engine? We have never traveled to Europe so I'm unsure about what the best way to go is.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best, Mary

There are several lines that do  the British Isles  without Iceland or Norway

Look at other months if you are able to cruise  in the  summer

If it is  a one off  then book early

I usually use a TA for booking cruises   but book direct with the  airline  for flights

Book what works best for you

• Like 1

Do you want a cruise that does just the British Isles and starts and ends there or can it start and/or end somewhere else.  In other words, what embarkation and disembarkation ports are you looking at.  Also, when do you want to cruise.   The abundance of information in your post makes it very difficult for any of us to give you any useful answers.

DON

If you are set on the cruise you see next May and it truly is a one time itinerary I would book asap.  Those type of cruises tend to sell out earlier and the prices usually just go up.  In the US you can usually get price reductions and or new sales as they come up on existing bookings if you watch the prices.  There are some exclusions but not many.  The other thing to remember is refundable and non refundable deposits have different terms.

As for booking direct or through a TA, can't help a lot there that's more a personal choice.  The only thing I will say is if you book direct you have I believe 60 days to transfer the reservation to a TA so that would give you a little time to shop around for a TA that has perks you may like.