Live Blog Equinox Southern Carribean(ABC's) Sept 13th-23rd

calicakes

13 minutes ago, JMB27 said:

This is terrific; I'm really enjoying your style of writing.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.  

And I wanted to say thank you for adopting an older dog.  That's wonderful!  All your babies are lovely.

You're welcome!!  When a bunch of people tagged us on FB and IG posts re: Sophie, we couldn't say no.  She's a testy old gal, but she loves my Wirehair dachshund and kinda likes my red poodle.  She hates my black poodle.   I've had to break up a few incidents with them.  Oy.  

5 minutes ago, calicakes said:

You're welcome!!  When a bunch of people tagged us on FB and IG posts re: Sophie, we couldn't say no.  She's a testy old gal, but she loves my Wirehair dachshund and kinda likes my red poodle.  She hates my black poodle.   I've had to break up a few incidents with them.  Oy.  

Eek.  That's rough to deal with.  She's so lucky to be with you guys, though!

So thrilled to find you live review, a few days late, but what counts is I found it.  I have done several live reviews. It’s a lot of fun to do, but more work than  I anticipated. I know what you mean about leaving your fur babies behind we have two Merlin and Louie. Here is what they look like when we start getting the suitcases out here is what they look like when we start getting the suitcases out....

i know you said you were not drinkers but a good friend of mine works the Martini bar he can pretty much make anything with or without alcohol, if you ever stop my say hello for me. His name is Putu, pic below. 

Swimming with the stingrays was a great experience, I have done it every time I have been in Cozumel.988895C5-D57E-4D69-ADC2-8A618CD5BC42.thumb.jpeg.5b3770f86849964025cd44399722a363.jpeg

F20577DC-642C-4167-B847-37C08193BA28.jpeg

Edited by h20cruzer

"We prefer to fly Alaska Air.  I have the Alaska air visa card.  It gets up 1 companion fare a year and we get free checked bags."

I prefer them too but they seem to have modified a lot of their coast to coast flights in the past few weeks, I am hoping that it is seasonal and they go back to the prior service.  Otherwise it's American and sardine seating.

From the northwest they don't charge you to check a case of wine!

We played true or false last night. I managed to win one round. A deck of cards. Lol. I'll add that to my pile from previous cruises. Oh and I cant believe an avocado is a berry.  That question caused me to lose a round.

We set the clocks back an hour last night. Breakfast in Blu. I had an egg white omelette with mushrooms, onions and cheese. I asked for grits as well. Julie had berry pancakes. 

20190914_091503.jpg

20190914_091511.jpg

20190914_091516.jpg

14 hours ago, calicakes said:

Dinner in Blu. Julie had the sweet corn veloute and turkey roulade. I had the lobster appetizer, French onion soup and lasagna. The lasagna noodles were undercooked.imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

20190913_181423.jpg

20190913_183358.jpg

I like you Gucchi ship car holder 🙂

Sea YA

Eric

• Like 1

Just now, calicakes said:

Thank you. Its actually Coach. Picked up at an outlet store in California. 

LOL thats exactly what I meant but my brain and fingers wrote something else lol.

BTW its fun to follow you as we cant wait to board this ship in November and it will be my mom first ever trip and first ever cruise she is 87. 🙂

Continue the great work and when you have a chance can you let me know when they do the drink promotion like 5 drinks for 59.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

11 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

So thrilled to find you live review, a few days late, but what counts is I found it.  I have done several live reviews. It’s a lot of fun to do, but more work than  I anticipated. I know what you mean about leaving your fur babies behind we have two Merlin and Louie. Here is what they look like when we start getting the suitcases out here is what they look like when we start getting the suitcases out....

i know you said you were not drinkers but a good friend of mine works the Martini bar he can pretty much make anything with or without alcohol, if you ever stop my say hello for me. His name is Putu, pic below. 

Swimming with the stingrays was a great experience, I have done it every time I have been in Cozumel.988895C5-D57E-4D69-ADC2-8A618CD5BC42.thumb.jpeg.5b3770f86849964025cd44399722a363.jpeg

F20577DC-642C-4167-B847-37C08193BA28.jpeg

Oh, your sweet babies are breaking my heart. What breed of dog?  This is why we dont bring.out the suitcases until they are at the boarding place. Standard poodles are ultra sensitive. 

We dropped our pool bag off at the pool before breakfast. Came back to the dreaded note on our chair. They didn't remove our things though. We were at breakfast for maybe 45 minutes.

Today is the meet and mingle and the slot pull.

• Like 2

We board the ship right after you on the 23rd.  We have been on the Equinox once before, but it is nice to be seeing the updates.  We are also in an Aqua room for the first time.  I'm not a big drinker, but I enjoyed most of the drinks at the World Class Bar (the drinks at the Martini Bar were too strong for my tastes) and I loved the alcoholic "milkshakes" at Slush near the pool.  I have already paid for the Hot Glass class for 2, so I will be interested to see how that goes if you end up doing that. 

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Oh, your sweet babies are breaking my heart. What breed of dog?  This is why we dont bring.out the suitcases until they are at the boarding place. Standard poodles are ultra sensitive. 

I would call then both Heinz 57, Louie the lighter one we rehomed from an 82 yo woman, whose grand kids convinced her to get a puppy. They told her he was a multi poo, however she did a DNA and he is a little bit of everything except maybe a wolf hound, Merlin the darker one we adopted from the county animal shelter. No clue... Both do not shed, not sure how we got so lucky with that, they are best buds for sure.

Enjoy your cruise.

Norma

Moving right along....  we hung out at the pool until 2 ish. We went to the meet and greet and slot pull in the morning.  I had lunch at aqua spa cafe. Julie had a turkey burger from mast grill.  We went to Persian garden for about 30 min. We relaxed on the stone loungers with sheet masks. We received a few strange looks.  We decided to skip Blu tonight. There were no entrees that appealed to us, and were tired from too much sun. We have to be up early for our excursion tomorrow. Grand cayman is a tender. We are going to have dinner At ocean view cafe and make a room service order for breakfast tomorrow. 

A few things to note:  We haven't been on X since 2015.  

IIRC, I read that there is no longer iced tea or water in the AQ rooms.  We did get 2 small bottles of water.  They were a brand I'd never heard of.  Not the Italian brand that we've received previously.  This water seemed like a "generic" brand.  It was also the same type at the pool.   We were given 1 bath robe and no tote bag, unless you count the white mesh bag as a tote bag.  

I've only seen 4 kids, all from the UK.  I wonder if they are on some type of holiday(or is home schooling a thing there?)

I requested cheese and crackers for the afternoon canapes.  The crackers are packaged up saltine type crackers.  Not fancy cheeseboard type crackers.

Someone was holding a vaping thing( name??) at the pool.  Security and another officer approached her and told her where she can smoke.  She wasn't actually vaping, just holding it.