Live Blog Equinox Southern Carribean(ABC's) Sept 13th-23rd

calicakes

3 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Wow your accessible cabin looks great, thanks for the pics, I was unable to get an accessible for my cruise on Silhouette last October and have failed again for next year. I use a power wheelchair which is the width of the door, literally, there’s then no where to store it or manoeuvre it in the cabin and no where to sit in the shower. I’ve got four other cruises booked with four other lines, all accessible cabins but never seem to be able to get one with Celebrity!

Wow, that is surprising.  I booked a year out.  I've had an accessible cabin on 2 other cruises with X too.  I could not get it on only one of my cruises.  We booked another cruise for Dec 2020 in a suite and I also have an accessible cabin.  

Breakfast this morning. I had smoked salmon scrambled with eggs and onions. I also had grits. Julie had oatmeal. After breakfast, I went to the coffee place for an iced latte. We are spending the day at the pool.

20190916_084150.jpg

20190916_085817.jpg

@calicakes thank you Randi for posting the menu! It has been a few years since I sailed in AQ but I recalled the breakfast room service was somewhat expanded for AQ back then - with some smoothies included for example - but it looks like that has changed. No big deal for us - we aren’t huge breakfast eaters - but good to know. Thank you again! And thanks for the ongoing post - getting excited for our trip! 

And thank you for being gracious and moving on from the ridiculousness, and frankly rudeness, of some of the replies about the chairs (FWIW I wouldn’t care, or care to care, about someone putting stuff down then going to breakfast either.) 

Have a wonderful sea day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candacee said:

@calicakes thank you Randi for posting the menu! It has been a few years since I sailed in AQ but I recalled the breakfast room service was somewhat expanded for AQ back then - with some smoothies included for example - but it looks like that has changed. No big deal for us - we aren’t huge breakfast eaters - but good to know. Thank you again! And thanks for the ongoing post - getting excited for our trip! 

And thank you for being gracious and moving on from the ridiculousness, and frankly rudeness, of some of the replies about the chairs (FWIW I wouldn’t care, or care to care, about someone putting stuff down then going to breakfast either.) 

Have a wonderful sea day!

Thank you Randi for taking time out of your vacation to post your encounters, I’m counting the days before we cruise. 😀

Candacee- you took the words right out of my mouth! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZcruisegirl said:

Thank you Randi for taking time out of your vacation to post your encounters, I’m counting the days before we cruise. 😀

Candacee- you took the words right out of my mouth! 

No problem. I'll post the beverage page later. I think there are a couple smoothies on it.

Julie had a turkey burger for lunch. So did I, but a little later. I ate half. I had a refuel smoothie from the AQ cafe . I brought my own paper straws on this trip. Last year, we took an NCL cruise with friends. They did not provide paper straws.

20190916_120429.jpg

20190916_132438.jpg

On 9/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, calicakes said:

Here is the menu. I think it's the same menu everyone gets.

1568571540484157558897288472889.jpg

15685716168635141449965137568206.jpg

AQ Class and Concierge get this enhanced  menu...at least for breakfast.

Fresh brewed tea  is available daily in AQ....ask your attendant.

Big improvement from the pre mix  they used to serve.

We always bring real crackers and hope for decent cheese. Can also order a cheese platter  and or fruit platter from room svc . Sometimes we ask attendant  for shrimp instead of usual canapes.

Edited by hcat

Thank you for your review.  I love hearing about other people and their adventures.  I hope you continue to have a great time. I am planning a cruise for next November so following closely.  I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a magnified mirror in the bathroom?

Thanks,

Karen

2 minutes ago, rcssmom said:

Thank you for your review.  I love hearing about other people and their adventures.  I hope you continue to have a great time. I am planning a cruise for next November so following closely.  I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a magnified mirror in the bathroom?

Thanks,

Karen

Good question !  

There used to be magnifying makeup mirror in the desk.....wondering if it’s still there....?

23 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I've never seen a magnifying mirror on Equinox in regular balcony, Concierge or Aqua.

A stand alone used to be in the desk/ makeup table  drawer in AQ Class.

On EDGE, I just recall the no steam mirror..

27 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I've never seen a magnifying mirror on Equinox in regular balcony, Concierge or Aqua.

There was one (a stand alone one) on Equinox in AQ class cabin the last time I was on it, but it’s been quite a few years!  May be another one of those things that disappeared, like footstools.

Edited by takemewithyou

1 hour ago, lori.ki said:

Celebrity is said to have just reinstated their free in-room movies. Could you please confirm this and post which movies are available? Thanks!

No free movies.  We are in the room now and they are 14.99.

We had dinner in Blu.  ( I'm going to edit this to add pics).  

I had the lump crab martini.  Both tables on each side of us also ordered it and not one of us enjoyed it.  It had a lot of mayo and tasted like a canned crab salad.  I would say technically, this is not really lump crab.  It came with caviar and a crispy spiced boondi.  I declined the caviar and the boondi was not crispy.   I also ordered a half portion of the butternut squash soup.  I didn't care for this either. 

I ordered the clam pasta.  It was supposed to have a clam broth, but it was in more of a white sauce.  I actually liked it.   Julie ordered the rib eye.  She replaced the included truffled white beans with mashed potatoes and veg.  The server told us that Blu was the only restaurant on the ship that was serving a rib eye.  None of the desserts appealed to us so we left.  We went to Craft to play sport trivia.  We played with a nice English couple, however we lost.   I can confirm that there are no prizes for trivia.  Oh, the hostess of the game said " The winner will receive dinner for 2 in Oceanview cafe".  LOL

We're off to pay Battle of the Genders @ 8pm. 

20 minutes ago, calicakes said:

No free movies.  We are in the room now and they are 14.99.

Okay, thanks for checking. I'm hoping they will get it fixed soon. They were supposed to be reinstated "effective immediately." Please let me know if you notice them back.