Just got off the Celestyal Crystal - September 9, 2019

CBTex

We had a great cruise!  Exceeded expectations.  I posted a lengthy review on Cruise Critic. 
What a relaxing, reliable and efficient way to travel around the Aegean and the Greek Islands. 
No packing and unpacking!  The ship travels when you are sleeping. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are a group of 3 couples and have never cruised Celstyal before. The reviews seem to be mixed, but more on the positive side. 

We are on the September 30 sailing . I can’t seem to find your review and would love to hear your impressions of the trip. Is there a link I can use to get to the review.

I jumped the gun.  I submitted my review and it takes time for Cruise Critic to OK and publish. 
Think of the cruise as a boutique cruise.  Not a mega cruise. No atriums, boardwalks, neon colors.  Food good, some meals bordering on exceptional.  Entertainment is energetic.  New show each night with full cast.  Greek Dancers and Musicians from Crete are worth while.  Cabins big enough (we had an XB and didn't use two drawers).  Staff extremely friendly.  Ship is in great condition, polished brass, shining wood, no worn carpets or furniture and no rust!  Excursions well organized and worthwhile.  Fellow passengers friendly and diverse.  If you're with three couples you'll make you own fun, regardless.  Enjoy!  

On 9/12/2019 at 10:34 AM, bail8297 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise. We are a group of 3 couples and have never cruised Celstyal before. The reviews seem to be mixed, but more on the positive side. 

We are on the September 30 sailing . I can’t seem to find your review and would love to hear your impressions of the trip. Is there a link I can use to get to the review.

Hi, We are also sailing on Sept. 30th .New to this cruise line also.  Sounds very interesting.  We are 4 ladies.  3 from SC & 1 from Fl & NC (splits her time).  Who's going with you?  Where are you from?  Fran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/3/2019 at 12:56 AM, Vermont Greek said:

Thank you for the review. We just booked for next Sep as part of a cruise/land tour of Greece. Very excited to go back. Haven’t been since 1999.

Are you by any chance doing an Insight tour? We did and LOVED IT.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, CBTex said:

I jumped the gun.  I submitted my review and it takes time for Cruise Critic to OK and publish. 
Think of the cruise as a boutique cruise.  Not a mega cruise. No atriums, boardwalks, neon colors.  Food good, some meals bordering on exceptional.  Entertainment is energetic.  New show each night with full cast.  Greek Dancers and Musicians from Crete are worth while.  Cabins big enough (we had an XB and didn't use two drawers).  Staff extremely friendly.  Ship is in great condition, polished brass, shining wood, no worn carpets or furniture and no rust!  Excursions well organized and worthwhile.  Fellow passengers friendly and diverse.  If you're with three couples you'll make you own fun, regardless.  Enjoy!  

Your take on the cruise is exactly right on, to us. We heard 6 languages just in the captain's announcements.  Loved seeing lesser-known islands.  Would cruise Celestyal again in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a related question. A friend and I (we'll be 30 when we travel next summer) are looking at travelling to Greece as part of our summer travels. We've cruised mainstream lines (Princess, Royal, Norwegian) and I know Celestyal is different. We don't need fancy; we're plenty happy staying in a clean AirBnB, Holiday Inn style hotels, nicer hostels with private rooms.  I just want to be sure that Celestyal is a good fit for us and it's hard to find information.  I know it's not the same as the mainstream lines...but as eaters who don't need anything fancy, don't need a huge room (we usually stay in interiors and have stayed in hotel rooms smaller than most cruise cabins!), and don't particularly care about the ship's pool etc on such a port intensive itinerary...I presume from what I've read we'll be fine! Any insights you could provide would be appreciated. Their itineraries almost seem too good to be true!