Connecting Dining Reservations from 2 different agencies?

foggyphils

1 minute ago, foggyphils said:

My parents and my husband and I have two separate booking with two different travel agencies. We both chose early seating but need to connect them. Do I contact carnival? Or do we each have to contact our agents? 

I think it will work.  You both will need to ask for the link thru your TA’s.  

• Like 1

I booked 2 cabins through my TA and he linked the dining.  Later a couple decided to join us and and they also booked through my TA.  He linked that cabin to us for dining.

Later two more couples decided to join us. They each booked directly with Carnival and they each had our booking numbers.  Carnival told them my TA would have to link the dining.  My TA was happy to do so even though he didn't have those two bookings.

Seemed strange to me but it all worked out, at least all of our booking documents show all five cabins linked for dining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foggyphils said:

My parents and my husband and I have two separate booking with two different travel agencies. We both chose early seating but need to connect them. Do I contact carnival? Or do we each have to contact our agents? 

Just confirming that yes, it can be done.  I booked through a big box store, my sister and mom booked through a pvp, and the pvp linked them (I got booked quicker than her).  Several months later, my other sister decided to book, and by then I was a TA, so I booked her, and once I added my confirmation number, it added all 3 of the other rooms, and put them all together automatically.  

• Like 1

I would call to confirm - we were on the Sunrise 8/27 and here's what happened to us -  (from my review) -

After lunch I noticed that we had 3 separate tables for the 8:15 dinner service on our Sail and Sign cards!  Our reservations were linked together online and I assumed our dinner seating would automatically be linked like it has in the past when we traveled with others. I immediately went to the dining room and the maitre 'd was not there so we spoke with the girl there who said it was impossible to change for the first night and they might be able to change it the next day. She said the maitre 'd would be available around 6PM so we went back down and saw him then. He was very condescending and outright rude and said he had very few requests to change and it would be impossible to get us a table for 5 for the late seating. He could give us anytime dining which we ended up agreeing to. It worked out, but we had first time cruisers with us and I wanted them to experience the set dining experience with the same wait staff every night and the shows they perform at the end of the dinner service. We liked our servers the first night and tried to get the same wait staff the 2nd night and they said they weren't available. It was disappointing. We had different wait staff every night and different tables every night.  I will say, the staff was excellent and the food was the best we've had on a ship.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, bury me at sea said:

I booked 2 cabins through my TA and he linked the dining.  Later a couple decided to join us and and they also booked through my TA.  He linked that cabin to us for dining.

Later two more couples decided to join us. They each booked directly with Carnival and they each had our booking numbers.  Carnival told them my TA would have to link the dining.  My TA was happy to do so even though he didn't have those two bookings.

Seemed strange to me but it all worked out, at least all of our booking documents show all five cabins linked for dining.

That’s really odd!