Travel Agent offering Jasper River Cruise not on Scenic Site

Cruisin Wannabe

We are looking to book a last minute Jasper River Cruise on Scenic next month on the Rhine. Agent is offering a pretty good deal but when we went to Scenic's site to find the cruise it doesn't exist? Has anyone experienced that? There are still rooms available but we found it rather odd. It's from Amsterdam to Nuremberg. They offer the reverse direction on their site but not the North to South direction. Should we be concerned? Know very little about this company but people seem to praise it.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

Is Jasper a company chartering boats owned by Scenic? If that's the case, makes sense the cruise won't be on Scenic's website - it's not "their" cruise....

Jasper is the name of the river boat.

I know from my experience that not all cruises show up on their website unless you specifically search for it.  I was looking at Christmas markets and only the 8 day trips showed up until I searched for longer voyages.

scenic is an Australian company and we really enjoyed or Seine cruise with them in August.  If worried call their customer service line for North America 1-866-689-8611

It sounds like the travel agency is marketing a charter cruise, either organized by them or by someone else.

You are likely to get the Scenic crew since they are hired for the season, but other inclusions may or may not be the same.

• Since the cruise director doesn't come with the ship he/she might not be up to Scenic's standards.
  • Excursions might be different, and might or might not have costs
  • You might not have access to the Scenic app for self-touring
  • Drinks might not be included, or included beverages might be of lesser quality
  • Food might not be of the same quality; it would partly depend on how much the charter company wishes to spend on food

I would talk with the travel agent, and make sure you get a full itinerary and a list of inclusions.

I just searched on Danube cruises of 14+ days.  The following dates came up leaving from Amsterdam:

September 30 - standard itinerary 

October 9 - varied itinerary 

October 14 - standard itinerary 

October 16 - varied itinerary - on the Scenic Jasper 

October 21 - standard itinerary 

November 6 - varied itinerary 

Edited by 1of4

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

It sounds like the travel agency is marketing a charter cruise, either organized by them or by someone else.

You are likely to get the Scenic crew since they are hired for the season, but other inclusions may or may not be the same.

• Since the cruise director doesn't come with the ship he/she might not be up to Scenic's standards.
  • Excursions might be different, and might or might not have costs
  • You might not have access to the Scenic app for self-touring
  • Drinks might not be included, or included beverages might be of lesser quality
  • Food might not be of the same quality; it would partly depend on how much the charter company wishes to spend on food

I would talk with the travel agent, and make sure you get a full itinerary and a list of inclusions.

The other thing I would be concerned about if it is a charter (and I'm not saying that it is), is whether much of the group is already connected. I sailed the Mekong with Ama, and almost half of the people were on one organized group, and they were fairly insular. They didn't have much interest in mingling with the other passengers.

Amsterdam to Nuremberg on scenic jasper next month?

can see Budapest to Nuremberg or vice versa called gems of the Danube?

or Amsterdam to Zurich or Amsterdam to Budapest.

some are 8 days.

ask the travel agent for more details to clarify.

it might be a short sector of a longer cruise that is available?

22 hours ago, Cruisin Wannabe said:

We are looking to book a last minute Jasper River Cruise on Scenic next month on the Rhine. Agent is offering a pretty good deal but when we went to Scenic's site to find the cruise it doesn't exist? Has anyone experienced that? There are still rooms available but we found it rather odd. It's from Amsterdam to Nuremberg. They offer the reverse direction on their site but not the North to South direction. Should we be concerned? Know very little about this company but people seem to praise it.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

What are the dates of this cruise?