Red Frog Pub - Fishbowl

Darwal

24 minutes ago, roxierox said:

A friend had one on the Breeze and he did not get to keep the fishbowl.

Generally, you do not keep the fishbowl. You can buy one to take home for extra (they also sell pint glasses). The ones they use for regular drinks do not have logo on them, the ones to take home do.

When I sailed on the Magic in May, I ordered a fish bowl drink at the Red Frog Pub and the bartender gave me two prices, one without the souvenir glass and one with the souvenir glass.  I purchased the drink in a plain fishbowl.  It is filled to the brim with ice and the fishbowl is 90% ice, 10% fruit juice and 5% alcohol (if that). They were terrible and a gimmicky promotion by Carnival.  Don't waste your money.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tattoos said:

When I sailed on the Magic in May, I ordered a fish bowl drink at the Red Frog Pub and the bartender gave me two prices, one without the souvenir glass and one with the souvenir glass.  I purchased the drink in a plain fishbowl.  It is filled to the brim with ice and the fishbowl is 90% ice, 10% fruit juice and 5% alcohol (if that). They were terrible and a gimmicky promotion by Carnival.  Don't waste your money.

What was the price?

If I remember correctly, it was $20 for the plain glass fish bowl and $25 for a drink in the souvenir glass.  You can also just purchase the souvenir fish bowl without the drink.  Maybe someone else who has sailed recently can list the price.  I am not a fruity drink person but other people in our party wanted to try them.  We went there on sailaway day because the fishbowl drinks are $2 off after Noon.   Blech!!  Give me a Ketel One dirty martini with 4 olives and I'm good.  

10 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Is there a special drink that comes in it or can you choose?

you can choose any of the non-frozen mixed drinks that are offered in the red frog pub.  The red frog pub, not the bar, is the only place that fills it. 

On 9/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, tattoos said:

Maybe it was because we tipped the bartender ( Karen on Pride is awesome) but there was plenty of alcohol and juice.  We felt it was well worth the money, to each their own, right.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, ober134 said:

Correct. We had a couple on the Magic (half price on embarkation) and at least one other port day for a couple hours. They are not a souvenir glass.

Do you recall the hours on embark day they were on special?  We have Faster To the Fun again and are heading out on the Magic this weekend.  Last year was our first Carnival sailing so we didn't know about the drink specials on embark day.  

On 9/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, ober134 said:

They are not a souvenir glass.

Actually you can choose between a souvenir and non-souvenir glass.  We got the souvenir glass which is why I was asking if I could bring mine on my next cruise.

59 minutes ago, KTMay1917 said:

Do you recall the hours on embark day they were on special?  We have Faster To the Fun again and are heading out on the Magic this weekend.  Last year was our first Carnival sailing so we didn't know about the drink specials on embark day.  

Same here! I didn't know either. And I'd sure like to get in on that deal. Especially if it's half price!

We were on the Aug 25 sailing and they offered 1/2 price drinks from 12 to 2:30 on embarkation day.  They had it again during the week on port days.  They don't advertise it well.  It was packed on the first day, and took a long time to get a drink because it was so busy.  During the week it was dead, because they only had a sign in front of the pub.  If you weren't walking by the sign you wouldn't know they were half price.  It was 12 to 2:30.  We missed Amber Cove because of Dorian and went to Nassau instead.  We didn't care to get off in Nassau so we did the fish bowls instead.  Yes they fill them with ice, but one fish bowl was plenty enough for me.  Tasted pretty strong to me.

We had our fishbowl drinks on embarkation day and one drink was $12.46.  When the only bartender came over to take our order, she offered us a choice between two different blends of fruit, etc.  We had the one with blue Curacao in it.  As soon as you mix blue Curacao with pineapple juice it turns green.  It was so fruity and sweet, I gave it to my daughter to finish, yuck.

Happy hour on embarkation day in the Red Frog Pub (not the Red Frog Rum Bar) started at Noon until 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.  As someone mentioned, the bar was packed on the first day and we waited at least 20 minutes before the only bartender came over to get our order, then we waited another 15 minutes for our order to arrive.  As far as I'm concerned, it's not worth the money (even at half price) and the wait was too long.  

Hi. True the pub was packed... We found service was better when we grabbed a booth out front. Waiter was attentive. I too thought these drinks were sweet but strong. We got a bit tipsy. Luckily Guys Bbq is open at embarkation right outside on the deck near RFP on Magic. I brought us back a couple plates of food so we could down a second drink. I think they said the special was only until 2:30 but seems like they may have gone past that time. Also note we saw A LOT of people ordering the fish Bowl but carrying them out to other areas of the ship. I'm booked on a short Victory cruise in November; it has a RFP and hoping they have this special.