Cruise Critic Community
vicsd1

onboard ship credit

On 9/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, vicsd1 said:

how to spend $800.00 credit on marina

Hello vicsd1.  I just realized I responded to someone else on this thread thinking she was the OP.  I do hope some of the suggestions here have been helpful.  There are a number of things to enjoy onboard Marina.  We always blow through our OBC rather quickly and make wonderful memories while doing it.  Enjoy your cruise!  -Katie

Why not spend if you want--Non-refundable money---beside spa, we buy those sun glasses that we wouldn't spend that much at home.  And yes we purchased the world globe that spins....and surprise to us at home everyone ask about it when they see it.

9 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Why not spend if you want--Non-refundable money---beside spa, we buy those sun glasses that we wouldn't spend that much at home.  And yes we purchased the world globe that spins....and surprise to us at home everyone ask about it when they see it.

Funny, we bought a Mova when we last sailed on Regent when we had an obscene amt of OBC!   They are cool!    

On 9/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, Sny said:

What I don't like in the spa is the hard sell on lotions, creams, etc.  

I had 20-25 (at least) spa services while on Insignia recently but NEVER even once did anyone try to sell me a product!

Can't say that about Steiner on other cruiselines I've sailed on, though. But even then, all I had to say was a pleasant "no, thank you." 

31 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

Can you apply OBC toward a deposit on a future cruise?

no  it is not allowed with the non refundable OBC

On 9/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, ronrick1943 said:

Ditto and we love it!

Can you use your onboard credit (the O Life $$) to pay for excursions when booking them 240 days before sailing??

2 hours ago, Tarwood3 said:

Can you use your onboard credit (the O Life $$) to pay for excursions when booking them 240 days before sailing??

Yes. Once the bookings open, you can use OBC to pay for any selected excursions.

Edited by 1985rz1

20 hours ago, Darspurs said:

Can you use onboard credit to pay for your tips?

As far as I am aware yes. We have done it previously when we were given OBC but not prepaid gratuities. It came off our final total at end of cruise.