Cruise Critic Community
crusing48/51

Burnt ends Mac and cheese

So, DH and I sailed on the Breeze a few months ago. One day at lunch, on the Lido deck, I had a dish called burnt ends Mac and cheese. It was so delicious! 

I am wondering will it be available on our upcoming Sunshine cruise, or is it only on ships that have a Pig and Anchor. It was so good, I'm still thinking about it 4 months later! Best food I've ever eaten on any cruise, hands down. 

We had that on the Breeze last October and  you are right. It was AMAZING!

I wanted to like it but it was stone cold along with the chicken and the pork. People don't seem to want hot foods served hot anymore. I must be the exception 😞

I checked the menu for the pig & anchor BBQ place on Sunrise and burnt ends mac n cheese isn't listed?  There's something called mac daddy mac n cheese though.  Which eatery did you get the burnt end mac n cheese?  

guys-pig-anchor-bbq-menu.pdf

6 hours ago, crusing48/51 said:

So, DH and I sailed on the Breeze a few months ago. One day at lunch, on the Lido deck, I had a dish called burnt ends Mac and cheese. It was so delicious! 

I am wondering will it be available on our upcoming Sunshine cruise, or is it only on ships that have a Pig and Anchor. It was so good, I'm still thinking about it 4 months later! Best food I've ever eaten on any cruise, hands down. 

What you're describing sounds like the Comfort Kitchen section of the Lido buffet.  I know Breeze has it.  Sunshine has it too; it's part of the Lido buffet.  Pig & Anchor has its own recipe of mac and cheese.

11 hours ago, jdemps said:

I checked the menu for the pig & anchor BBQ place on Sunrise and burnt ends mac n cheese isn't listed?  There's something called mac daddy mac n cheese though.  Which eatery did you get the burnt end mac n cheese?  

guys-pig-anchor-bbq-menu.pdf 1.2 MB · 8 downloads

It was on the Lido one day for lunch.

5 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

What you're describing sounds like the Comfort Kitchen section of the Lido buffet.  I know Breeze has it.  Sunshine has it too; it's part of the Lido buffet.  Pig & Anchor has its own recipe of mac and cheese.

Thank you landlocked. I will look for it on the Sunshine. It was so delicious!