Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
crusing48/51

Burnt ends Mac and cheese

Recommended Posts

So, DH and I sailed on the Breeze a few months ago. One day at lunch, on the Lido deck, I had a dish called burnt ends Mac and cheese. It was so delicious! 

 

I am wondering will it be available on our upcoming Sunshine cruise, or is it only on ships that have a Pig and Anchor. It was so good, I'm still thinking about it 4 months later! Best food I've ever eaten on any cruise, hands down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had that on the Breeze last October and  you are right. It was AMAZING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to like it but it was stone cold along with the chicken and the pork. People don't seem to want hot foods served hot anymore. I must be the exception 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the menu for the pig & anchor BBQ place on Sunrise and burnt ends mac n cheese isn't listed?  There's something called mac daddy mac n cheese though.  Which eatery did you get the burnt end mac n cheese?  

guys-pig-anchor-bbq-menu.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crusing48/51 said:

So, DH and I sailed on the Breeze a few months ago. One day at lunch, on the Lido deck, I had a dish called burnt ends Mac and cheese. It was so delicious! 

 

I am wondering will it be available on our upcoming Sunshine cruise, or is it only on ships that have a Pig and Anchor. It was so good, I'm still thinking about it 4 months later! Best food I've ever eaten on any cruise, hands down. 

What you're describing sounds like the Comfort Kitchen section of the Lido buffet.  I know Breeze has it.  Sunshine has it too; it's part of the Lido buffet.  Pig & Anchor has its own recipe of mac and cheese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jdemps said:

I checked the menu for the pig & anchor BBQ place on Sunrise and burnt ends mac n cheese isn't listed?  There's something called mac daddy mac n cheese though.  Which eatery did you get the burnt end mac n cheese?  

guys-pig-anchor-bbq-menu.pdf 1.2 MB · 8 downloads

It was on the Lido one day for lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

What you're describing sounds like the Comfort Kitchen section of the Lido buffet.  I know Breeze has it.  Sunshine has it too; it's part of the Lido buffet.  Pig & Anchor has its own recipe of mac and cheese.

Thank you landlocked. I will look for it on the Sunshine. It was so delicious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...