Rum and Coke

ksmommy5

Currently there is a 375ml bottle of rum +coke package for purchase at $43 usd. Would it be cheaper to purchase this bottle (for 1 person) vs purchasing a rum and coke on ship? I will be bringing my own soda on board also. Basically, how many drinks can one get out of one of these bottles? Trying to see if a 60$ (Canadian funds) is cheaper than buying individual drinks. 

Edited by ksmommy5

2 minutes ago, nancronin said:

If you purchase liquor on the ship, they deliver it to your stateroom on the last night and you can't bring your own liquor on ship.

The package the OP is referring to is offered by the cruise line for consumption on their cruise.  They are not talking about buying liquor in the store on the ship.

To the OP, how many drinks you get out of 375ml bottle of liquor really depends on how strong you like your drinks.  It will differ person to person.  🙂 

33 minutes ago, ksmommy5 said:

Currently there is a 375ml bottle of rum +coke package for purchase at $43 usd. Would it be cheaper to purchase this bottle (for 1 person) vs purchasing a rum and coke on ship? I will be bringing my own soda on board also. Basically, how many drinks can one get out of one of these bottles? Trying to see if a 60$ (Canadian funds) is cheaper than buying individual drinks. 

You should get about 9 average strength drinks from that bottle.

I don't have any idea as to what that would cost since we have had drink packages for a while now.

1 jigger - 1 standard bar pour = 44.36 ml. 375 ml divided by 44.36 ml = about 8.454 jiggers in a 375 ml bottle. @$43. per bottle this comes out to about $5.09 per jigger. I'm guessing that a rum & coke at the bar is at least $ 7 - $8 per serving plus the 18% service charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

You should get about 9 average strength drinks from that bottle.

I don't have any idea as to what that would cost since we have had drink packages for a while now.

Rum & Coke is probably around $9-$10, plus 18%.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ksmommy5 said:

Here in UK I just purchased it for £36.80. It comes with four cokes, so hoping to get 8 drinks out of it, so around £4.60 a drink. Not sure if it's a deal or not but first time I've seen it offered on a cruise that we are on. 

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Here in UK I just purchased it for £36.80. It comes with four cokes, so hoping to get 8 drinks out of it, so around £4.60 a drink. Not sure if it's a deal or not but first time I've seen it offered on a cruise that we are on. 

Less expensive than buying individually on the ship.

Thanks folks! I think this is for sure a better deal than purchasing individually as 60$ worth of rum and cokes would be 4 on the ship and I can get at least double that out of this bottle. 

Unless theres an 18% gratuity buying this bottle as well......

I have purchased and just did again for our November cruise.  There is no gratuity.  It does save a little.  I just bring my own “water bottle” , mix in my room and enjoy by the pool. As a lighter drinker it lasts me the 7 days.  I also buy drinks when I want but no way would I ever get my money’s worth with a deluxe package.  So I enjoy this offering. I can make about 8 drinks with half a can of soda in each.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

For some reason it is not available on all ships, I have no idea why. So if you can’t find it in your planner that may be why.

I used Google to find it, not my planner. There are dropdown menus for ship and date once you click on any of these, and it seems to include all the Royal ships. But whether they are available or not I don't know because I only did a mock for the Allure Oct 20. No gratuity in the Cart.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor/alcohol-packages

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 7:39 AM, ksmommy5 said:

Thanks folks! I think this is for sure a better deal than purchasing individually as 60$ worth of rum and cokes would be 4 on the ship and I can get at least double that out of this bottle. 

Unless theres an 18% gratuity buying this bottle as well......

No gratuity or tax. It's a good deal in my book vs buying per drink since we definitely won't drink enough for the drink package on our next cruise (plus DL access.)  I purchased 1 rum and 1 bottle of Absolut for our upcoming Serenade cruise. We are docked in Bermuda 2 nights so we won't be drinking many nights.