Which lines dock in Honfleur?

FuelScience

We're thinking about cruising the Seine, and were wondering which lines actually dock in Honfleur. From a search of the forum, it seems that Scenic, Vantage, Croisieurope, and Grand Circle dock there rather than docking nearby and busing people to Honfleur. I also noted that Grand Circle and Croisieurope do one-way cruises. So, 1) are there other lines that dock in Honfleur?, and 2) Are there other lines that do the Seine as one-way tours rather than Paris to Paris?

Thanks!

I have had a look round and I cannot give you a positive answer to question 1. Neither Riviera Travel UK, nor A-Rosa, nor Nicko cruises, not Lüftner Cruises dock in Honfleur. I have not looked into other German companies as they do not market to the English-speaking world. Both A-Rosa and Lüftner Cruises, though, do sail into the estuary but then dock in Le Havre.

I have had a look at marinetraffic and today the MS Renoir (CroisiEurope) and the MS Bizet (Grand Circle) are docked in Honfleur.

I suspect finding other companies will be a laborious task.

Question 2: I did not see any others than the CroisiEurope itinerary that you have hinted at.

notamermaid

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I’m looking seriously at the Grand Circle trip. They sail one-way, and theirs is a 12-day trip. All the nights are spent on the boat (MS Bizet) except for the last night. That night is at a hotel close to CDG in preparation for the trip home. The bus trip from Honfleur back to Paris includes a visit to the Peace Memorial Museum in Caen. The ship is docked in Paris for the first two nights, so plenty of opportunities for Paris sightseeing. They also appear to do a significant amount of day-time sailing which we enjoy.

I took that Grand Circle trip and really enjoyed it. Being in the harbor at Honfleur was great. It was so easy to walk down the gangplank and be in the center of the town. There was a fish market very nearby where you could get a plate of oysters for a song. I think Grand Circle trips are under played on CC.

• Like 1

We did the GCT trip (Honfleur to Paris) a couple of years ago.  Would do it again.  We've done 6 trips with GCT, including a recent bus tour in Great Britain; and, they always do a great job, at a significant savings over other tour companies.  WE docked for two nights in Paris at the end of our trip; and, the ship cruised the Seine at night both nights allowing us to see Paris at night.  They always show their travelers how to use local public transportation (the Metro in the case of Paris).

• Like 1

I definately recommend GCT for the Seine itinerary. The direction from Paris to Honfleur has the advantage of being in the center of Paris shortly after landing. We were able to go to the Eiffel Tower that day. I'm sure we would have tried to get into Paris from the CDG hotel, had we cruised the other direction but it would have been more of a hassle.

Another advantage of ending in Honfleur is that you will meet people on the cruise and will have dining companions in mind when it is time to go out for dinner that final night by the airport. Honfleur is a great place to overnight regardless of which direction you go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

I definitely recommend GCT for the Seine itinerary. The direction from Paris to Honfleur has the advantage of being in the center of Paris shortly after landing. We were able to go to the Eiffel Tower that day. I'm sure we would have tried to get into Paris from the CDG hotel, had we cruised the other direction but it would have been more of a hassle.

Another advantage of ending in Honfleur is that you will meet people on the cruise and will have dining companions in mind when it is time to go out for dinner that final night by the airport. Honfleur is a great place to overnight regardless of which direction you go. 

Thanks CPT Trips. That's the direction we're looking at. For reservations made this month GCT is offering free air for the trip, making it even more attractive.

One more question. In going over reviews on the Grand Circle website, I found that one or more cruises in April of 2018 and 2019 docked in Le Havre rather than Honfleur. Does anyone know why this would happen. I suspect that it has something do do with river levels, but I didn't see a specific explanation of the reason for diverting to La Havre.

23 hours ago, FuelScience said:

One more question. In going over reviews on the Grand Circle website, I found that one or more cruises in April of 2018 and 2019 docked in Le Havre rather than Honfleur. Does anyone know why this would happen. I suspect that it has something do do with river levels, but I didn't see a specific explanation of the reason for diverting to La Havre.

To reach Honfleur the riverboats actually leave the Seine and enter the English Channel for 5 minutes or so then enter the port so not sure why April is an issue.  Le Havre is the industrial port that doesn’t close so maybe the Honfleur port doesn’t open that early?

I was on the 11 day Gems of Normandy and the Seine in August on the Scenic Gem and docking in Honfleur was one of the main reasons we chose Scenic.  Going to The Somme was another.

We cruised on Scenic Gem on her first cruise when the French authorities had not signed the required papers to allow them to moor in Honfluer so we docked in Le Harve actually it was a very pleasant mooring. One of the reasons we would do this cruise again. Anything to do with tides etc would cause a challenge. Regards CA

On September 18, 2019 at 10:39 AM, FuelScience said:

You might want to go to the forum that GCT has on their website and ask there. Or you might even contact GCT's Boston office and ask directly what caused the diversion.

20 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

You might want to go to the forum that GCT has on their website and ask there. Or you might even contact GCT's Boston office and ask directly what caused the diversion.

Thanks! Good idea. I've posted the question on the forums, and I've reached out to GCT via their FaceBook page. I'll let you know what I find out.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:56 PM, CPT Trips said:

CPT Trips, it worked! I messaged GCT on FaceBook and got the following reply. Thanks again for the suggestion!
============================
Normally we dock in Honfleur,; however there were a few departures this summer where the local authorities diverted us to Le Havre. It had to do with changes in the way the port is classified by the French government.The issue has been resolved and we’re back to docking in Honfleur. Most European river ports are controlled by a government entity, and they do have the right to make changes without prior notice. It doesn’t happen often, but it is best if travelers allow for some flexibility.