Clicquot champagne

Mudhen

This has probably been addressed somewhere on this forum before, but I can't find it!

What I'd like to know is this....Can I get a glass of Clicquot in one of the bars? I know I 

can get a bottle in the cabin for a charge, but if I can get a glass in a bar, that would be great.

I know there will be a charge for this (no biggie). Is there a service charge added on to it?

Thanks for any and all help!

Hi Jackie!

Your answer makes a lot of sense. Maybe you can't get higher end champers in the bars......I'd order a bottle for the cabin, but who wants to drink high end champers, by yourself, in your cabin! Well.....maybe a lot of people! (giggle!)

Mudhen, you could always buy a bottle of Veuve Cliquot at a bar, pour a glass or two and have the remainder of the bottle stored.  There is a champagne stopper in each suite that will hold an opened champagne bottle for a couple of days.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Like 1

I have never seen them serve Veuve Cliquot by the glass. Sorry. I know at dinner they would re-cork your bottle and keep it for the next day.  They might even do that if you wanted to keep it at one particular bar you frequent.

J

There are champagne stoppers but rarely will the wine keep all its fizz with those.  And it would be a real shame to loose much of a bottle of Cliquot!  I love that wine!

We are celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary on our next cruise and I plan to order a bottle of "The Widow" that evening.  

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

There are champagne stoppers but rarely will the wine keep all its fizz with those.  And it would be a real shame to loose much of a bottle of Cliquot!  I love that wine!

We are celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary on our next cruise and I plan to order a bottle of "The Widow" that evening.  

Gerry, there will be a bottle of Cliquot in your suite when you board Splendor.  Just another thing to look forward to!

2 hours ago, English Voyager said:

'La Grande Dame' sounds less worrying than 'The Widow'.

Jamais entendu -- Never heard of that.  "la Veuve" or in English The Widow... Yes.

When you think about it - not the right name for a champagne to celebrate one's 55th!  Nonetheless I love it.  And yes Jackie -  there will indeed be a bottle in our suite when we board.  BUT that will go in a flash.  (Last time on Oceania there was a bottle of Laurent Perrier.  I was unpacking and thirsty.  I asked Ken to open a Perrier - soda water for me.  So what does he open - the Laurent Perrier!!!  Not a happy camper...)

Edited by Hambagahle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Hi Gerry

We are also celebrating our wedding anniversary onboard on March 27th. Let’s toast together! ( not crazy about the name of your champagne. Been there done that). 

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

We'll be doing our 50th next year, but may have to break down and tote a bottle of "the Widow" along on our next cruise.

We don't have to fly, so shouldn't be a problem, but I'll miss having a special champers served in a bar. Guess I can survive....such a first world problem!

13 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Aw phooey! But I get it, and understand. Was hoping they might crack one bottle per night in one of the bars. Will think about purchasing a bottle and leaving it in a bar.....

Thank you all for your responses!

Don’t worry. As long as we’re around you won’t have to leave it in the bar!

Z and TB

12 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Gerry

We are also celebrating our wedding anniversary onboard on March 27th. Let’s toast together! ( not crazy about the name of your champagne. Been there done that). 

sheila

Veuve means widow ... which is why the name!

There is another couple on our cruise also celebrating an anniversary.  I will go through the roll call, find out who and then plan something for the 3 couples!  That should be fun!!