Clicquot champagne

Mudhen

7 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Giggle! Where are you going next? We're headed to Canada/Bermuda in a month.....care to come along?

We’ve cut down our cruises for the next couple of years so we can do some other travel.  We are seeing our daughter in Vegas next year as well as going to California for her wedding, New York for a Yankees game, Charleston for the Citadel graduation, and a ten day Carib cruise in March onboard the Explorer.  I’m on a new five year contract with Uncle Sam and lost some of my vacation time, which puts a damper on our travel time. 

I hope you have a great cruise and please give us a “Live From” while onboard.   BTW, read “The Widow Clicquot” by Tilar Mazzeo for the story behind the woman who made this champagne famous. Miss you guys. 

Z and TB

9 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Veuve means widow ... which is why the name!

There is another couple on our cruise also celebrating an anniversary.  I will go through the roll call, find out who and then plan something for the 3 couples!  That should be fun!!

Gerry

Agree! Let’s celebrate a special anniversary together! Look forward to it. You plan,  we follow!

Sheila

No Clicquot by the glass.  I had my TA send me a copy of the bar menu, below is what is available from the menu for sparkling/champagne.

CHAMPAGNE &  SPARkliNG WiNES  by the glass
Bouvet Sparkling

Montaudon Champagne

Brut Bottega Alexandro

CHAMPAGNE by the bottle
Domaine Mandoís Brut | nV .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .$41

Taittinger “La Française” | nV .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .$69

Veuve Clicquot “Poursardin” | nV  .  .  .  .  .  .  .$69

Brice Brut Rose | nV .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .$88

Robert Moncuit “Grand Cuvee” | 2005 .  .  .  .  .$88

De Venoge Louis XV | 1995  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . $194

Möet Chandon “Dom Pérignon” | 2002  .  .  . $199

Taittinger “Comtes blanc de blanc” | 2000  . $225

Louis roederer “Cristal”| 2002  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . $325

Armand de Brignac Rose | nV  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .$499

Louis Roederer “Cristal Rose” | 2002  .  .  .  . $525

Lisa

I was not a fan of Jacquart (this is also what they served on Crystal and I found it bitter).  We were given a bottle of Cristal on Crystal and are saving it for until we are in the mood to enjoy it.  We felt that we were drinking enough on the ship so, if we drank the Cristal, we wouldn't appreciate it as much.  We do love the bottle of Cliquot that we get on Regent.  

Delighted to see the champagne list and prices!  I am planning on getting a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin for our anniversary and $69 / bottle is a very good price.  Costs me around 49frs in the supermarkets here which is about $52.  Of all the champagnes on the list it is my total favourite - some of them I really dislike Dom Perignon being amongst those.

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Delighted to see the champagne list and prices!  I am planning on getting a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin for our anniversary and $69 / bottle is a very good price.  Costs me around 49frs in the supermarkets here which is about $52.  Of all the champagnes on the list it is my total favourite - some of them I really dislike Dom Perignon being amongst those.

I find it interesting how many people do not care for Dom Perignon - we are not fans either. There is something about Veuve Cliqout that suits my taste buds.  I’m curious as to what we will think of Cristal.  The price point if so high and we can drink a bottle easily that it is not something that we will likely be drinking in the future.

Another vote against Dom Perignon here. Not a fan and for that  price point I can but at least two Cliquots (maybe more on a good day..haha!) 

I would like to suggest to the powers that be who read these boards, that maybe some splits of Cliquot might do well in the bars....I, for one would be in on that....

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I find it interesting how many people do not care for Dom Perignon - we are not fans either. There is something about Veuve Cliqout that suits my taste buds.  I’m curious as to what we will think of Cristal.  The price point if so high and we can drink a bottle easily that it is not something that we will likely be drinking in the future.

What I love about Veuve Cliquot and Vincent Joudart's champagne which you will never ever get in the US or really anywhere outside France is the "nutty taste".  Easy on the palate, not sour or acid and very very pleasant...  Vincent's wines - well "wow".  But I have to drive to Fèrebrianges to get them which is 6 hours from here!!  

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

Another vote against Dom Perignon here. Not a fan and for that  price point I can but at least two Cliquots (maybe more on a good day..haha!) 

I would like to suggest to the powers that be who read these boards, that maybe some splits of Cliquot might do well in the bars....I, for one would be in on that....

I've been searching for a split of Cliquot and could not find it.  The only thing that I could find was this site that carries some good splits but not the one we are looking for https://www.premierchampagne.com/categories/champagne-sizes/mini-split-187ml.html

Gerry - don't think that I would drive 6 hours for champagne.  However, if we ever get to France (not on our schedule for the next two years), we'll definitely look for Vincent Joudart's champagne.

I know that Cliquot splits are out there as there are at least  places in Newport that serve them at their bars. It may be a case of of only restaurants/hotels have access to them. If that's the case, I see no reason why Regent couldn't get a hold of them. However I realize that not everything is available everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

I know that Cliquot splits are out there as there are at least  places in Newport that serve them at their bars. It may be a case of of only restaurants/hotels have access to them. If that's the case, I see no reason why Regent couldn't get a hold of them. However I realize that not everything is available everywhere. 

So there is hope!  Good to know.

14 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Delighted to see the champagne list and prices!  I am planning on getting a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin for our anniversary and $69 / bottle is a very good price.  Costs me around 49frs in the supermarkets here which is about $52. 

Even more delightful is that we believe in at least Splendor Suites and above, you will be given an additional 10% discount on the wine (at least it worked that way in an Explorer Suite and then a Grand Suite on the Explorer).  We were only charged $62.10 for the VC on both sailings.

1 hour ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

TC - If you have the Safeway market chain in your area, they carry splits of VC.  As a matter of fact we saw them yesterday at our local Safeway in Kahului, Maui.

Thank you for letting me know. We do have a Safeway nearby and will definitely check it out (but wish that we were in Maui to purchase it there).

7 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Even more delightful is that we believe in at least Splendor Suites and above, you will be given an additional 10% discount on the wine (at least it worked that way in an Explorer Suite and then a Grand Suite on the Explorer).  We were only charged $62.10 for the VC on both sailings.

Thanks for reminding me of that.  we are in a Grand Suite.  I had forgotten about the discount!!   I suppose I shall have to order two bottles - his and hers ??!!

13 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I've been searching for a split of Cliquot and could not find it.  The only thing that I could find was this site that carries some good splits but not the one we are looking for https://www.premierchampagne.com/categories/champagne-sizes/mini-split-187ml.html

Gerry - don't think that I would drive 6 hours for champagne.  However, if we ever get to France (not on our schedule for the next two years), we'll definitely look for Vincent Joudart's champagne.

Jackie - if you and Dennis come to France we can meet you at the Château d'Etoges (nice place to stay) in the heart of the champage region and take you to Vincent ourselves!!

G

Haha - I loved Ab Fab, but completely forgot about that particular scene.  I want one of those refrigerators.  Now my question is this - we are taking our first Regent cruise over the 2019 Holiday Season (Christmas & New Year's), do the lower suites also get a bottle of VC, or is just for the upper suites?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an affirmative.