Facial Technology Implemented at Bayonne--Pure Pleasure

nelblu

Off the Anthem on Sept. 7 and Customs/Security was using Facial Technology to process Pax.  It was fast & quick.  The only other time that we experienced this process was in Miami when we sailed the Symphony.

Also of note to those that have wheelchairs.  We had applied for assistance to disembark.  Bottom line the process/staff was was fantastic.  Met at Jamie's 7:30  AM and when most of the self assistance Paxs disembarked, the wheelchairs procession followed.  Easy as pie.   Staff could not be any more efficient and nice.  Our helper, took us directly from the ship all the way to the garage.  He knew of as side door that led us to the garage.  Unbelievably efficient.

Considering the issues I have at Global entry at airports, always have to go to diplomatic line and see an agent, I have my doubts of it working with me.  But hope I'm wrong.  We'll see when we disembark in November,  or in October during b2b.

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It made disembarking the Symphony in Miami fast and easy. From the time we scanned through ship's security for the last time and when we hit the curb, we never stopped  fast paced walk. 

The scanners picked you up while you were walking. I've always stopped till it acknowledged me in PC. Now it's just a few seconds, but we still stopped.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Off the Anthem on Sept. 7 and Customs/Security was using Facial Technology to process Pax.  It was fast & quick.  The only other time that we experienced this process was in Miami when we sailed the Symphony.

Also of note to those that have wheelchairs.  We had applied for assistance to disembark.  Bottom line the process/staff was was fantastic.  Met at Jamie's 7:30  AM and when most of the self assistance Paxs disembarked, the wheelchairs procession followed.  Easy as pie.   Staff could not be any more efficient and nice.  Our helper, took us directly from the ship all the way to the garage.  He knew of as side door that led us to the garage.  Unbelievably efficient.

CL had it last October when we cruised on Anthem.  We got off the ship and through customs in a matter of minutes.  It's not new.

23 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok, but not everyone has a passport.  Some pictures can be old, etc.  When doing b2b do you have to do it at end of first cruise?

Yes, you have to do it on each leg.

Now here is something to think about. Laura checked in last Friday on Mariner. The greater didnt like the photo I uploaded, said it wouldn't do, so she took a new one prior to boarding. 

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problems, and the then a different greeter had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  Which was the same photo that wouldn't do 3 days earlier. 

However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

So maybe they don't use the passport photo.

Or this was just a coincidence.  Beats me.

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Now here is something to think about. Laura checked in last Friday on Mariner. The greater didnt like the photo I uploaded, said it wouldn't do, so she took a new one prior to boarding. 

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

Sounds about right.  They seldom like the picture I download.   On a b2b on the Adventure a few years ago we met in a lounge and never had to get off.  We scanned off, got new cards, scanned back on.  Simple.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Sounds about right.  They seldom like the picture I download.   On a b2b on the Adventure a few years ago we met in a lounge and never had to get off.  We scanned off, got new cards, scanned back on.  Simple.

I'm sure you'll be fine

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When she did the B2B immigration check, she had no problems, and the then a different greeter had no problem with the photo I uploaded.  Which was the same photo that wouldn't do 3 days earlier. 

However, when she got off this morning, facial recognition didn't recognize her and she had to go to the manual line. 

You didn’t upload a picture of Bella and not tell Laura did you?😇

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You didn’t upload a picture of Bella and not tell Laura did you?😇

Like this 🤔

2019_04_25_11_59_39_Window.jpg.054311c8e4799d3c715907d321e9336d.jpg

Umm, no.

Another funny story, though.

I was returning the rental car when Laura and Pat checked in. Apparently the gate agent got a chuckle. I missed it. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Federal immigration is bringing  Facial Recognition to other US Port terminals also . 

Soon Galveston will have in Existing Terminals # 1&2 along with new terminal #3 when completed. 

Edited by ssb

2 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

I don't understand what this is? Is it for getting off the ship after the cruise so you dont need to go through the security line. I will be sailing out of Bayonne.

After getting off the ship you don't have to see the government agents and show your passport.