Chef's Table on Princess ships in Australia

Emoliash

We've done the Chef's Table on 2 different Princess ships, 1 Carnival and 1 Holland America.  It's like a culinary excursion instead of an excursion off the ship - exceptionally good food and wine, small group of nice people (limited to 12 passengers on Princess) and lots of fun.  We will be sailing the Majestic out of Sydney in a couple of weeks and hope to book the Chef's Table on that cruise.  Definitely go for it at least once - you won't be disappointed!

7 hours ago, Wisconsin Travelers said:

We've done the Chef's Table on 2 different Princess ships, 1 Carnival and 1 Holland America.  It's like a culinary excursion instead of an excursion off the ship - exceptionally good food and wine, small group of nice people (limited to 12 passengers on Princess) and lots of fun.  We will be sailing the Majestic out of Sydney in a couple of weeks and hope to book the Chef's Table on that cruise.  Definitely go for it at least once - you won't be disappointed!

3 hours ago, Bugalugsnz said:

Yes, I did on Emerald Princess between New Zealand and Australia a couple of years ago. Well worth it. Struggled to eat all the courses and wish I could go back and finish it off!

Thank you for the feedback I will see if they offer it on the Ruby

I did it on Emerald Princess a few years ago to Fiji - well worth the money. There is so much food (exceptionally well cooked food) and a tour of the galley. I went on the Diamond Princess last year to NZ but they didn't offer it. Hopefully they will do it on Ruby Princess this year. I will definitely do it again.

• Like 1

I just grin when I see them come into the MDR for chefs table with the Maitre 'D etc, music all the way and then the curtains fall.  What a show. It was right near our table on Sapphire Princess last year, there were as many wait staff as there were diners.

2 hours ago, windsor26 said:

What is the cost for the chefs table please   our a/c will be in US$

To my knowledge $115 pp with wine.   Book on board, using DINE Line or enquire at Customer Services Desk.  

Above all, enjoy.

On 9/28/2019 at 4:52 PM, v8thunder said:

Hi folks,

We are on Majestic in Feb 20. Can you only book on board for Chef's Table?

Steve.

Yes, can only book on board.   But I am not sure if Majestic Princess will have the Chef's Table on the Feb 12 cruise from Sydney to Singapore, as is repositioning cruise - Australian Waters.

Edited by NSWP

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, can only book on board.   But I am not sure if Majestic Princess will have the Chef's Table on the Feb 12 cruise from Sydney to Singapore, as is repositioning cruise - Australian Waters.

Thank you for the price  It is for Ruby in December so perhaps they may not have it either  I may have to  wait until Regal in 2020 from Southampton

4 hours ago, windsor26 said:

What is the cost for the chefs table please   our a/c will be in US$

May I ask why your A/C will be in US $? Aren't all Princess ships sailing from Australian ports in A$?

Leigh

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am sure they will have it at least a few times on that sailing.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, a money making venture for the Carnival Bean Counters.

I dont think they would make that much out of it.....not if the bean counters took into account the number of staff and the amount of time and prep that they put on such a feast.

From what I can make out , whether they have it or not depends on the Ex Chef and the number of  "qualified" staff he has on board.

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I dont think they would make that much out of it.....not if the bean counters took into account the number of staff and the amount of time and prep that they put on such a feast.

From what I can make out , whether they have it or not depends on the Ex Chef and the number of  "qualified" staff he has on board.

The Staff are already there David, as for the food at Chefs Table, now you see what the Captain and senior staff eat, no MDR swill for them, so the food stuffs are on board as well.  Put it this way the cruise line does not suffer a loss.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Wouldn't it be $USD then?

I agree USD, Princess, UK to Singapore.  I have cruised on Princess from Southampton to various ports and it was USD.  P&O UK have Sterling.

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I would think so, perhaps it was a typo.

Or no pound symbol on ye olde key board.  On my original Aldi key board I had Euro and Pound symbols as well as dollars. Now just $.😮

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Or no pound symbol on ye olde key board.  On my original Aldi key board I had Euro and Pound symbols as well as dollars. Now just $.😮

To type a £ sign, you would hold the Alt key and them type 0163.

To type a € sign, press Alt and type 0128 and it will appear in the text box or document.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

To type a £ sign, you would hold the Alt key and them type 0163.

To type a € sign, press Alt and type 0128 and it will appear in the text box or document.

great tips - I hope they are they free, as we are in Australia.