How reliable is the Barcelona Cruise Bus?

jjow

We're visiting Barcelona on the Norwegian Epic next week and are curious about the Cruise Bus that goes between the cruise terminal and the Columbus monument (we are in-transit guests, embarking in Rome, not Barcelona). Our ship departs at 6 pm. Just wondering how much time we should give ourselves to catch the Cruise Bus back to the ship. The ride itself seems to be only 10 minutes, but I wasn't sure if there's multiple buses running at the end of the day or if they can get busy and full. Could we get to the monument at 5 and have enough time or should we shoot for earlier?

20 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

I don't think there is a published schedule.  As mentioned on this third party page, "The cruise port shuttle bus co-ordinates its schedule and frequency depending on the arrival and departures of the cruises. Therefore the cruise shuttle bus service is not a regular scheduled bus service but one that only runs based on demand."

Two additional "official" resources that include visuals/maps of the port:

http://www.portdebarcelona.cat/en/web/port-del-ciudada/cruceros --> Note the linked .pdf map in this link on that page.

https://www.tmb.cat/en/visit-barcelona/public-transport/from-port

• 3 weeks later...

The cruise bus will wait to gather passengers, rather then following a tight schedule. At 5 pm, I would assume many passengers will think the same way and arrive, giving them 30 min to travel to ship.  I do remember it gave me some anxiety sitting and waiting to leave, but it ended up all good. ( we were there last nov, for 3 days while our ship was having a repair). 

Dont attempt to walk.