pre cruise hotel in Bayonne?

Oneluckywoman

1 hour ago, Oneluckywoman said:

Hello, we are very unfamiliar with this area and would really appreciate suggestions for a hotel either near the airport or cruise port if it's safe.  Doing a cruise September 2020. Thanks!

There are no hotels in Bayonne.

What exact date do you need a hotel?  Hotel budget range?  Number of people?  Bed size requirements?  Are you flying or driving?  Are you sightseeing in NYC?  Dinner requirements?

38 minutes ago, 138east said:

There are no hotels in Bayonne.

What exact date do you need a hotel?  Hotel budget range?  Number of people?  Bed size requirements?  Are you flying or driving?  Are you sightseeing in NYC?  Dinner requirements?

We will be flying in the night before the cruise..september 2020.Not sightseeing, just want to get there and sleep. Party of 2. At least a queen but prefer a king. I believe we fly into Newark.  I'm not comfortable in big cities on our own...dinner isn't important to me,  could be anything. Budget? Medium I guess...

27 minutes ago, Oneluckywoman said:

We will be flying in the night before the cruise..september 2020.Not sightseeing, just want to get there and sleep. Party of 2. At least a queen but prefer a king. I believe we fly into Newark.  I'm not comfortable in big cities on our own...dinner isn't important to me,  could be anything. Budget? Medium I guess...

I really need your exact date to check prices.  Please give me a range for a “medium” budget.  Do you have any favorite hotel chains?  How about port transportation?  Do you use Uber/Lyft?

Please verify that you are flying into Newark.  Flying into LGA or JFK is a PITA for Cape Liberty and you will pay $100+ each way to get to and from NJ.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:25 PM, Oneluckywoman said:

Hello, we are very unfamiliar with this area and would really appreciate suggestions for a hotel either near the airport or cruise port if it's safe.  Doing a cruise September 2020. Thanks!

We stayed in Elizabeth, NJ last year at Country Inn & Suites on International Dr when our cruise went out of Cape Liberty. This hotel is nothing fancy but clean and comfortable and reasonable. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and then they offer shuttle to cruise port for a fee. Can't remember how much. There are several restaurants and an outlet mall across the road from this area. I believe we paid just under $200.

We are going on the same cruise next week and tried booking this same hotel but it was already booked for our dates so wound up booking at the Courtyard by Marriott which is next door. They do not have shuttle to cruise port but supposedly we can use the hotel shuttle across the street that they have shuttle for non-guest. We'll see next week!

This particular area is more industrial. It's not far from the cruise port though maybe 11 miles. Last year we took an Uber into NYC and had a wonderful time, but on way back was stupid and returned during the 5 o'clock hour and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get back to Elizabeth. Needless to say we are not doing that this time. 

These boards are excellent for any cruise info you may need. Enjoy your cruise!!

Edited by P.A.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:25 PM, Oneluckywoman said:

Try Courtyard or Residence Inn by Marriott...Embassy suites also....these are all very close to each other on International Blvd. in Elizabeth NJ. Shopping mall and restaurants just steps away..a favorite area for pre-cruise when flying into EWR and sailing out of Cape Liberty. We opted to use Uber for all our transportation (first time for us and it worked out easy and affordable).

We unfortunately (knowing no better) stayed at Country Inn & Suites using points..it wasn't worth it...Very disappointed in this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone...dirty, moldy (and we were upgraded to a better room EEEK) and undergoing a no end in sight reconstruction apparently....even if the construction is over this hotel isn't for me  since there are much better options next door and across the street.

Best of luck with what you decide works best for you.