Lido Deck

LSUGranny

I have noticed that Lido Deck cabins are sought after by many.  It seems to me that it would be noisy.  Why do people want to be on that deck?  I'm trying to make decisions about a 50th anniversary cruise.  I will ask other questions in future posts.

7 minutes ago, LSUGranny said:

I have noticed that Lido Deck cabins are sought after by many.  It seems to me that it would be noisy.  Why do people want to be on that deck?  I'm trying to make decisions about a 50th anniversary cruise.  I will ask other questions in future posts.

I chose a cabin on lido because we spend a good bit of time on lido.we eat all our meals on lido.so when we get bored on sea days and want to go to the cabin it's close by.slso my wife prefers to use the bathroom in our cabin rather than a public one.this only applies to carnival for us.other lines I pick different locations depending on the ship.

Just got off the Valor this morning and my balcony cabin 9290 was right near the entrance to the Lido deck.  Let me tell you I LOVE THIS LOCATION.  Like you very concerned about noise.  Every once in a while hear a short burst of noise, but otherwise nothing.  Same on balcony could here if everyone got loud loud, otherwise no.  Love the fact could head to my cabin to freshen up,most of the time where the elevator was heading.  Cruising on the Valor again in December and going to see if I can get another Lido deck cabin

I've stayed in lido cabins several times and it's my favorite location.  I've never experienced problems with noise.  I like the location because of the easy access to the buffet, pool deck, and jogging track.  I like being able to use the restroom in my own cabin instead of the public restrooms by the pool deck.  Those usually have wet toilet seats due to the people using them near the pool.  Yuck.  If I want to take a cup of coffee back to my room, it's an easy walk.  It really cuts down on my use of the elevators.

• Like 1

I agree with what the previous posters have said.  Use of your own bathroom, close to the pool, buffet etc.  Never had a noise problem.  There's actually less foot traffic on the Lido, Panorama and Spa decks because they are shorter.  We spend most of our time on the Lido deck so why not have a cabin on that deck.

We also love the Lido deck.

1) Your cabin is close

2) Noise isn't a factor

3) Easy stroll to get that morning coffee

4) Close to food for that b/fast/lunch/snack

5) Enough Bars to keep us happy

6)Your Bathroom

7)Quick trip to enjoy that sunshine.

OP go for it you won't regret it!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deadmoney said:

First my wife got spoiled and had to have an ocean view cabin.

Then it was a balcony cabin.

Now it's a balcony cabin on the lido deck.:classic_rolleyes:

She might be a bit spoiled.

At least she is a grown adult.  I have created 2 small monsters who have declined cruises because I couldn’t get them on the lido deck. My idea for a cruise to Hawaii got shot down because lido wasn’t available.  I’m currently planning summer 2021 to get a cabin on the deck we like.  It’s rather challenging because the school calendar isn’t out and I have no idea when the first/last day of school is.  Our school system keeps moving the weeks around each year so there is no year to year consistency.

The kids and I really love lido.  They can easily come and go to the pool and buffet.  My kids don’t really like the crowded seating in the buffet.  So they get their food, bring it back to the cabin, eat on the balcony, apply new sunscreen and are back out on the pool.  It’s just such an easy and convenient deck. 

The nice part about having a cabin on the Lido Deck is that you don't have to use the elevators, coming and going, for each meal.  It you have any handicaps,  it is an important feature.  So if you want a drink, snack or an extra dessert, just walk out of your cabin for a few feet and there you are.

17 hours ago, LSUGranny said:

We love staying on the lido deck and being close to the buffet and the pool.  On our most recent cruise on the Horizon, we had a balcony cabin on the lido deck and never had an issue with noise.  Congrats on the Anniversary!  Oh and Geaux Tigers!

Yep! Just like everyone else, love being close to the stuff going on, easy to go back and forth, and never had a noise problem. We always sail on the Lido, or as close as possible. I like being able to pop out on the deck for the sunsets before dinner or if we're out there during the day, it's easy to run back to the room for something as well.

We sailed on the Dream with a balcony cabin on deck 11 right above the Lido deck pool area. I was worried it would be too noisy but from the cabin we could not hear even the parties on the Lido deck. It was great to be able to walk a few steps to be at the pool. 

People like it because it's close to the activities.  I prefer to be around deck 7/8, sandwiched between 2 other decks with rooms above and below me because they're usually quiet.  It's more midship, because I do go down to the dining room and to the promenade area, theater, etc.  as much as a like being up in the Lido area.

We love the Lido deck and try and stay on it every cruise. Easy access to bars and food, a quick walk up to the gym, and as someone else mentioned, the elevator is nearly always headed there. We've only had an issue once with noise but it wasn't because of location, it was because a family traveling together put about 5 boys aged 10-13 in the room next to us and they were absolutely obnoxious. 

Our cruise in April on the Magic will actually be our first on Lido. It was the last one left so we grabbed it. Looking forward to it but alas, just like our experience on the Breeze. According to all the Magic reviews here, it looks like our time at the pool will be limited due to the crowds. We love to spend sea days at the pool but on the Breeze the pools were nasty. So full that people basically could just stand there and wash off their sunscreen which made the water totally cloudy. Oh well, we are on a cruise! We will be happy either way!

I love it. Basically all day on sea days I'm just steps from my room. I don't even know what the lido deck bathroom looks like. I'm also about 15-20 steps from the laundry room. Don't want to spend your last sea day doing laundry? I'm on the lido deck while it's happening.

1 hour ago, dltvermont said:

Our cruise in April on the Magic will actually be our first on Lido. It was the last one left so we grabbed it. Looking forward to it but alas, just like our experience on the Breeze. According to all the Magic reviews here, it looks like our time at the pool will be limited due to the crowds.

Yeah, the Magic was the first, and only, cruise where I couldn't even find ONE chair around the pool on sea days. No, I didn't go out at 6 a.m. to get one, but maybe around 8:30 or 9, and walked around all the pool areas, not one, single chair I could sit in. Later the 4 of us went down to Deck 5, there's some really nice areas to lounge around on there. And then we started to be able to get a table in the corner on the Lido deck, back from the pool, but not with lounge chairs. The wife from the other couple couldn't spend a lot of time in the sun, so that was fine for most of the day (she recently had been dx'd with breast cancer). But when I did want to lounge by myself, no luck at all!