Lido Deck

LSUGranny

On 9/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, LSUGranny said:

I have noticed that Lido Deck cabins are sought after by many.  It seems to me that it would be noisy.  Why do people want to be on that deck?  I'm trying to make decisions about a 50th anniversary cruise.  I will ask other questions in future posts.

Location, close to all the action 🙂

Love the Lido, never had a noise issue. We have been close to the bulkhead door and further toward the front, never had an issue.

Love being close to the pool and food, especially late night.

Only issue is when you are at lower levels, everyone is going up to your deck.

Elevators are more crowded. 

Go for it, you will love it.

We have stayed on the lido once and loved it. As others have said it is so close and convenient. I love wandering down in the morning to get a breakfast burrito from the Blue Iguana and taking it back to my room to eat on the balcony. Its easy for us change quickly into our swimming suits and be in the pool in seconds and back in our room changed and dry equally as quickly instead of dripping down the halls to an elevator, dripping down the elevator and dripping some more before finally arriving at our room. Late night pizza and ice cream is a breeze. Our room on the Horizon was 10 rooms forward of the pool area close to the elevators. We never noticed any noise. Our upcoming room on the Panorama is the first room forward from the pool area. We are slightly worried about noise with it sharing a wall with the Red Frog Rum Bar. If anyone has stayed in 10297 or 10298 on the Vista or Horizon Id love to hear if they had noise issues. 

We have stayed in the first room next to the door that goes to the pool on Lido and have never had a problem and no noise.  I have stayed in a balcony cabin on the Vista, Horizon and Breeze and I love it always try to get a cabin there.  I am going on the Sunrise in Jan/2020 and got it on Lido also in Oct /2020 and also got it on Lido.

On 9/22/2019 at 2:40 AM, geoffrywillhardt said:

If anyone has stayed in 10297 or 10298 on the Vista or Horizon Id love to hear if they had noise issues. 

We've stayed in 10294, which is the second cabin forward.  The only thing from the pool area you can slightly hear is from your balcony when there are deck parties, but it's not loud.  Cabin, no issues.  🙂

Edited by christyran1228

We used to avoid Lido Balcony rooms for the same thought.  We were afraid that the music from the pool along with all of the crowd noise would make it unbearable on the balcony.  A few years ago, we were traveling with our adult children and needed 3 cabins.  There were 3 balcony cabins side by side on the Lido deck, and the price was maybe a few bucks different from other balcony cabins, so we decided to give it a try.  We were probably about 8-10 cabins back from the Lido deck area, but had no noise issues at all.  Now, I always look at the Lido cabins first, but haven't had another one because they were either all booked or too pricey.