Sharing a doc to get a CC passenger list

crusherman

I set up a Google doc to collect a list of CC passengers for a previous cruise and had others ask me how they could do that too. The passenger needs to have a Google account, which is pretty common. Here are the steps:

1. There is a blank Cruise Passenger document for you to use as a starting point at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KRojiWCAnhdsMItPaN_whV7e5InfaeGbqpHGkspf02I/edit?usp=sharingGo to the File menu and hit Make a copy and name the new doc something related to your cruise.
  2. Now that you have your new document, it is time to share it. Hit the Share button in the top right corner.
  3. In the Share with others dialogue, hit the Get shareable link button.
  4. In the revised Share with others dialogue, hit the drop down caret next to “Anyone with the link can view” and select “Anyone with the link can edit” option. This allows anyone to add themselves or make other changes without you doing anything more to identify them.
  5. In the revised Share with others dialogue, hit the Copy link button. This copies the link to the clipboard to share with others more easily. You might want to copy it somewhere to save just in case, but the following steps will let you share with Cruise Critic users easily.
  6. Hit the Done button to finish the share process.
  7. Go to Cruise Critic and create a post telling the other CC passengers the Google Doc share link (paste it there from the clipboard) and that that they can enter themselves so everyone can get in touch with each other. They just type in their info. Tell them if it gets full, they can add a row by hitting tab in the last column of the last row.

Hope this helps.

I have gone a step further and created a doc with cruise info. It was designed for my specific cruise but can easily be copied and changed. See link in signature. Since it contains much more than just the member list I do not allow changes.