British Breakfast Offerings?

Bellarion

7 hours ago, snaefell said:

Again,very much a matter of opinion,Canadian Bacon gets great reviews on TV but again tends to be what we in the UK would call streaky & usually,IME,crispy,we are regular visitors to the Netherlands & their bacon on breakfast buffets again tends to be the streaky kind but not normally,again IME,so crispy,as other Brits we much prefer Back Bacon with plenty of meat on it,on P&O's Britannia there seemed to be a variety of types which was nice,not sure what we are going to find on our upcoming first RCI cruise!

Hmm, the "Canadian bacon" we get is leaner that the back bacon I have had in UK.  The fat is trimmed closer to the meat.

And it is round. 🙂

52 minutes ago, SRF said:

Hmm, the "Canadian bacon" we get is leaner that the back bacon I have had in UK.  The fat is trimmed closer to the meat.

And it is round. 🙂

Interesting because when we were in Toronto a few years back the only bacon we saw was very fatty,also crispy,which it seems to be normally described on cookery programmes which is something else I am not keen on.

Even more interesting at the canteen where I worked some years ago they managed to cook the black pudding so that it was not so much crispy but likely to break your teeth,must have been an aquired skill!!!

On 9/17/2019 at 3:12 AM, Host Clarea said:

So the most common name used for that delicacy would be Black Pudding?

I think forever more I will refer to it as BHPT: Black Hockey Puck Thing.  I like that!

I used to work for Pacific Bell in San Ramon that had the largest cafeteria west of the Mississippi.  It was a round building and we called it the BRT: Big Round Thing.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:17 AM, snaefell said:

Yes,again as we are all different it brings dread to many,for many others who have been brought up with it,it is just a normal food item,that is why when I watch.for example,Bizarre Foods on TV,because of the nature of the programme & some of the strange(that's my opinion as we are all different!)  things that he eats I always smile when he seems to stress the word BLOOD when he describes it!

Same. When Bizarre Foods did an episode on non-sushi Japanese foods. Not bizarre when you grow up eating it. 😋

On 9/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, snaefell said:

Interesting because when we were in Toronto a few years back the only bacon we saw was very fatty,also crispy,which it seems to be normally described on cookery programmes which is something else I am not keen on.

Even more interesting at the canteen where I worked some years ago they managed to cook the black pudding so that it was not so much crispy but likely to break your teeth,must have been an aquired skill!!!

This is Canadian bacon:

Image result for canadian bacon

Sounds like what you saw was American bacon, in Canada.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:56 AM, WyKnott said:

Same. When Bizarre Foods did an episode on non-sushi Japanese foods. Not bizarre when you grow up eating it. 😋

That can be said about any "strange" food.

One reason I love my job.  Lot of international travel, to places you might never go as a tourist.  And I get to try the local foods.

Last one was to Laos.  Love me some Jeow Som with sticky rice.