Does the Regal Princess have new beds yet?

KruzPrincess

This is for anyone who’s been on the Regal recently. Did It have new beds?

I have a cruise coming up and I keep hoping for new beds. I know that the website says they will replace the beds by the end of the year and it still says that. I’m just hoping for a comfortable bed. I was on the Regal last year and the bed wasn’t good. I did have a good time, though, and am looking forward to my next cruise. 

Thanks. 

Regal did not have the new Princess Luxury Bed as of June.  Regal and Royal are the last ships to get these beds.  Because they were new ships when the new bed came out.  So, all the other ships have been scheduled first.  We were on Regal in June and still no new bed.  2019 is not over yet.  If I had thought to ask the Hotel Manager, I might be able to give you a date.  Would be nice if it was done for the new cruise season beginning this fall, but I personally have no inside info on this.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

I have noticed this about the beds.  I wish they would have the new beds.  Maybe they have been replacing them little by little?   For those who had great mattresses, I think the Suites and maybe min-suites are all supposed to have the updated beds, on all the ships.  Maybe they will start bringing them all onboard when the ship gets back to the United States???   Wouldn't that be the way to go, other than having them in Europe?  I hope they do get the new beds in all the cabins!  

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I have noticed this about the beds.  I wish they would have the new beds.  Maybe they have been replacing them little by little?   For those who had great mattresses, I think the Suites and maybe min-suites are all supposed to have the updated beds, on all the ships.  Maybe they will start bringing them all onboard when the ship gets back to the United States???   Wouldn't that be the way to go, other than having them in Europe?  I hope they do get the new beds in all the cabins!  

It is an ongoing process.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I hope so, too. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Talisi said:

We just returned from the Regal at the end of August and the Captain announced that the new beds would begin to be placed on the ship after the transatlantic and during the Florida cruises.

Thanks for this. I’m on the repositioning cruise from NY to FLL. Maybe we’ll be getting them on my cruise. I can always hope! 🤞 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! For any of you who wanted an update, Captain Tim Stringer informed us during the 9/21/19 sailing that the new "Princess Luxury Bed" mattresses would begin being installed on the 9/28/19 sailing and thereafter. I'm not sure how long it would take but I'm sure they'd try to get those beds in as fast as possible. I saw an Instagram post or story that showed a picture of the mattresses coming in, but I can't find it anymore for some reason (I'll try to link it if I can find it). Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 1:27 AM, snoozecrooze said:

Hi there! For any of you who wanted an update, Captain Tim Stringer informed us during the 9/21/19 sailing that the new "Princess Luxury Bed" mattresses would begin being installed on the 9/28/19 sailing and thereafter. I'm not sure how long it would take but I'm sure they'd try to get those beds in as fast as possible. I saw an Instagram post or story that showed a picture of the mattresses coming in, but I can't find it anymore for some reason (I'll try to link it if I can find it). Hope this helps!

Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I am so happy to hear this!  A new bed would be wonderful!  I was hoping that they would begin bringing them onboard when the Regal got bad to New York.  I am really thinking that our cabin should have a new bed by the time we sail!  It has been quite a while since we cruised.  And, I know that a new bed will be so much more comfy!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:51 AM, KruzPrincess said:

Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I was also on this cruise and did not hear the announcement ( actually we had trouble hearing the announcement throughout the ship  partly due to rude people refusing to be quiet, and couldn't get the announcements in the room).    I read about the beds before leaving and was hoping to try the new mattress as we are in the market for a new one anyway.  Our mattresses were not good - my husband's side had an obvious dip and mine was stiff, so much so that by the 3rd day, I had to stretch out the tightness before I could move.  However, I will also say that mattresses are subjective just like food, but the ones we had were not to our liking.  Sure wished we had been able to try the new mattresses.  Did like the linens though!

• Like 1

I sure hope they'll have the new beds installed on deck 8 by Thanksgiving. Their rock hard beds is the only thing I hate about Regal Princess. I have a bad back problem and couldn't sleep for a week during our first cruise with them, because I was in so much pain. In 2017 we got lucky with a sofa sleeper in a Deluxe Balcony room. Would you believe it - a sofa sleeper was more comfortable than a regular bed!!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I sure hope they'll have the new beds installed on deck 8 by Thanksgiving. Their rock hard beds is the only thing I hate about Regal Princess. I have a bad back problem and couldn't sleep for a week during our first cruise with them, because I was in so much pain. In 2017 we got lucky with a sofa sleeper in a Deluxe Balcony room. Would you believe it - a sofa sleeper was more comfortable than a regular bed!!!!

I have had many painful and sleepless nights on Princess prior to the new beds which is why I hope I will be blessed with a new mattress before my cruise. Keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:52 PM, KruzPrincess said:

This is for anyone who’s been on the Regal recently. Did It have new beds?

I have a cruise coming up and I keep hoping for new beds. I know that the website says they will replace the beds by the end of the year and it still says that. I’m just hoping for a comfortable bed. I was on the Regal last year and the bed wasn’t good. I did have a good time, though, and am looking forward to my next cruise. 

Thanks. 

Yes.

• Like 1