La Petite Chef at Le Grand Bistro Question

Cruisegirl6

If we dine at the La Petitite Chef at Le Grand Bistro on the Edge, I realize there are two seatings 6 and 8pm, I assume that we must wait until everybody finishes up to go to the next course...has anybody done this and able to tell us whether it took a very long time in between courses to get the next due to some people eating very slowly?  How many people dine here in a seating?

If you experienced this, do you recommend us going or not?

You are correct that everyone must complete a course before the next is served.

The food was very good but some were pressed to finish a course because it was time to move to the next course.  We were in and out in less than 90 minutes.  Then were rushed out so they could get ready for the next seating. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You are correct that everyone must complete a course before the next is served.

The food was very good but some were pressed to finish a course because it was time to move to the next course.  We were in and out in less than 90 minutes.  Then were rushed out so they could get ready for the next seating. 

Thank you for your feedback.  I think I skip this dining experience.  Are there any suggestions/recommendations you can give us regarding your other specialty experiences?

45 minutes ago, Oville said:

We did the second seating and it was long and the start time was changed to 8:30 or 8:45.  The first two courses were great, our beef was really tough.  Our plans had us going to the Eden show so we passed on dessert.

Thank you for your honesty.  

54 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thank you for your honesty.  

Check out the menu in Eden, we’ve booked for our upcoming January cruise and thought the menu was interesting.  Also we had a nice meal at Fine Cuts and thought the food was good at the Rooftop Grill but way to windy.  If you are in port for a late departure I give the Rooftop a try.

Edited by Oville

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

Check out the menu in Eden, we’ve booked for our upcoming January cruise and thought the menu was interesting.  Also we had a nice meal at Fine Cuts and thought the food was good at the Rooftop Grill but way to windy.  If you are in port for a late departure I give the Rooftop a try.

We were tossing on getting the 5 night dining package but we also want to experience the MDR, as a result, we purchased the 4 day package.  We will definitely dine twice at Fine Cuts, tossing back and fourth with Eden right now, want to try Raw on Five and debating Le Petite Chef at Le Grand Bistro but heard it can be very long because they wait for everybody to finish each course.  We really don't eat bbq, isn't the rooftop bbq food?  We appreciate you helping us as well as everybody here, thank you.

We did LPC twice on the Edge and didn't have much of an issue. There were a couple of slow people, but it all worked out (they kept pouring the wine 😉). Luckily, we weren't rushed and found the food very good. It is fun to do and a unique experience. Your fellow diners will be luck of the draw - you may end up with some slowpokes (we have a relative that I would never bring to LPC because everyone would hate us - he eats everything on his plate and does it very s-l-o-w-l-y).  🙂

They do a pretty good job with the timing, that said there will always be someone who can find a complaint. Bottomline this is really creative dining experience that is super unique, a lot of fun and well worth it. Our family and friends have gone to LPC 3x and LOVE IT every time!

Edited by JackB60

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We did LPC twice on the Edge and didn't have much of an issue. There were a couple of slow people, but it all worked out (they kept pouring the wine 😉). Luckily, we weren't rushed and found the food very good. It is fun to do and a unique experience. Your fellow diners will be luck of the draw - you may end up with some slowpokes (we have a relative that I would never bring to LPC because everyone would hate us - he eats everything on his plate and does it very s-l-o-w-l-y).  🙂

LOL LOL  question, my other half doesn't drink wine, he drinks. makers mark and soda water would he be able to get that?

1 hour ago, JackB60 said:

They do a pretty good job with the timing, that said there will always be someone who can find a complaint. Bottomline this is really creative dining experience that is super unique, a lot of fun and well worth it. Our family and friends have gone to LPC 3x and LOVE IT every time!

I think your talking us into going, it be a nice different experience I think.  About how many people are dining at a time, just asking.

Edited by Cruisegirl6

4 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

think your talking us into going, it be a nice different experience I think.  About how many people are dining at a time, just asking

its probably about 60 or 70 people. Honestly, we were hesitant the first time because we like to eat when we want, but everyone having the same experience makes it more of a show. Also there is something nice about a whole room giggling together and the waiters are great with making it an event. Without giving anything away everyone claps at the end to select your chef champion and you get a surprise animation ending depending on who wins. We were all so enthralled we started talking with guests next to us. It's a super fun night and something you really shouldn't miss. LPC is something we already know we will be doing on our next trip - can't wait.

We were on a cruise with another couple last February and they wanted to try LPC. I wasn't sure about it but went along with it. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was great and the whole experience is so creative. It's really fun.