Looking for European cruisers who went on a 2019 Alaskan cruise with DCL

darksideofpink

This summer Disney has been experiencing some issues with cruises that debark in a non-US port but either left or have a port of call in the US. For some reason the passengers traveling on an I-94 visa (the visa you get when you enter with an ESTA) have not been reported to have left the US. They risk getting an overstay on their record. If you are unaware of this and travel again to the US, they will not let you enter the country without proof you didn't overstay your visa. Because of this it's really important people are aware of the issue so they can collect the proof and maybe get their departure registered.
For some reason Disney refuses to acknowledge it's a ship and even fleet wide issue and only tread the individual cases brought to their attention. CBP does seem to tread it as a ship wide issue once Disney contacts them, or that's what it looks like for the EBTA cruise. Because of this it's really important we find at least one person traveling with an ESTA on each of the following cruises:

• May 12th, 2019 EBTA Cruise
    • Affected
    • Fixed for entire cruise
    • Departure location unknown
  • May 15th, 2019-DVC West Coast Cruise
  • May 20th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
    • Affected
    • Fix unknown
  • May 27th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • June 3rd, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • June 10th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • June 17th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • June 24th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • July 1st, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • July 8th, 2019 9-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
    • Affected
    • Fixed for at least one family
  • July 17th, 2019 5-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • July 22nd, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
    • Not affected
  • July 29th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • August 5th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • August 12th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • August 19th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • August 26th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
    • Not affected
  • September 2nd,, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver
  • September 9th, 2019 7-Night Alaskan Cruise from Vancouver

Let me repeat this is the biggest issue for people who are unaware. They'll get an overstay on record and won't collect the proof needed to get the overstay removed from their record. It could be years before they notice and they won't be able to gather the proof or they could be denied access to the US with a trip planned and paid for.

In the next post I'll explain how you can check if you're affected or not.
Edited by darksideofpink

You can check your status here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
There are two indicators, for both of which you'll have to log in with your passport details. First is the Compliance, this shouldn't have a number after "Days Left to Leave the Country: " (so it should be N/A). Next is the travel history, make sure your departure is present.

If the CBP I94 website doesn't indicate you left the US (I don't know how long it takes to process! We found out after 80 days, which clearly is to long, but I'd give it a week or something before you take action), you need to send proof to CBP you did leave.
First, send an email to DCL (dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com) and request proof you did embark on the cruise (or in case of an Alaskan cruise, disembarked in Vancouver). They'll resend your booking confirmation and you'll get a (unsigned) letter stating <names of the entire party> were on board. You need to make a screenshot of the booking confirmation (explicitly stated by CBP, sending the email itself won't do apparently).

Go to https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask and select in the dropdown menu entering or exiting the US and then the other drop down menus to what is most likely what has happened. Explain what happened and attach the proof you left.
What's needed:

• passports of entire party
  • screenshot of booking confirmation by DCL
  • letter supplied by DCL

Also make sure the following information is present in your appeal:
SURNAME
GIVEN NAME
DOB:
Passport#
Arrival Date
Departure Date
Departure Port
Flight Number/Vessel number:

Until Passport# it should be present for each person in your party, the arrival en departure information can be shared. Vessel number apparently is the name of the ship, but just to be sure I also added the IMO and the MMSI.

They also asked for a summary of your previous travel to the United States.
I’m not sure if that’s only the arrival and departure date also mentioned above or all you’re travels (or the ones on your current ESTA). We’d only been three times in total, so I included information (arrival and departure date and time) of all of them.