Port Day In Sydney Mid Cruise

I am on a 34 day cruise leaving Sydney on the 3rd December, returning on the 23rd December as a Port Day and then disembarking at Sydney on the 6th January.

I know that when I originally board on the 3rd December, I am unable to leave the ship before it sails.

On the 23rd December I will be an in transit passenger and will be taking a shore excursion in the morning. My question is, will I be able to return to the ship at about noon for some lunch and then exit again for a couple of more hours of sightseeing before all aboard time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Looks like OP is on the Maasdam and will be docking at White Bay. You will be able to return to your ship after your excursion and leave after you've had lunch. Because of where White Bay is situated, I think you would be best to have a tour organised for the afternoon as well, either a ship's or a private one. Or take a taxi to where you want to sight see.  

Sounds a great cruise. Enjoy!

Leigh

It is not an embark / debark day  so you will be free to come and go from the ship as you please but as Possum52 mentioned, White Bay is a little   "out of the way" and you sail at 5:00 pm so it may take a little planning depending where you want to go in the afternoon. I think that they will have a shuttle bus to take pax into the city from the terminal so you could work around their times.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

It is not an embark / debark day  so you will be free to come and go from the ship as you please but as Possum52 mentioned, White Bay is a little   "out of the way" and you sail at 5:00 pm so it may take a little planning depending where you want to go in the afternoon. I think that they will have a shuttle bus to take pax into the city from the terminal so you could work around their times.

Hi Folks  

It is an embarkation / disembarkation day .. for the 20 day segment 3rd December to the 23rd ,,,  

I know as i shall be boarding ... yes white bay a pain in the rear  Taxi Territory I fear

Looking forward to this cruise on what appears to be a nice classic style ship

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

2 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks  

It is an embarkation day .. for the 20 day segment 3rd December to the 23rd ,,,  

I know as i shall be boarding ... yes white bay a pain in the rear  Taxi Territory I fear

Looking forward to this cruise on what appears to be a nice classic style ship

Regards

John

But TTF  would  be an in transit pax and should be able to come and go as he/ she pleases.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gbenjo said:

But TTF  would  be an in transit pax and should be able to come and go as he/ she pleases.

Of course they are "spechail" ....

Now who will check me in thats what I need to know

Regards

John

5 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Of course they are "spechail" ....

Now who will check me in thats what I need to know

Regards

John

Sorry but we do not do Holland America.....but that's what you get  ( or not get) for booking HAL 😁😁

Similar question for the brains trust please...

On "back-to-back" Princess cruises, turning around in Sydney (on the same ship) do we need to observe the boarding time on the travel summary of the second cruise. ie is our day in Sydney cut short, or as transit passengers, as long as we are back before sailing time we can stretch our legs and venture off for the day?

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Sarah Jane Smith said:

Similar question for the brains trust please...

On "back-to-back" Princess cruises, turning around in Sydney (on the same ship) do we need to observe the boarding time on the travel summary of the second cruise. ie is our day in Sydney cut short, or as transit passengers, as long as we are back before sailing time we can stretch our legs and venture off for the day?

Cheers

You should be issued onboard with your seapass for the second cruise will probably have to leave the ship so that they get a zero count for pax but you are quite free to head off for the day as long as you are back by the designated time for guests to be on board.

39 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

He’s not an elephant (with credit to Mr Marx), gee and someone was saying how nice people here are and you call Mic an elephant

23 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

No. ....Not Mic......the other 41 disagreements.

I may have a certain body parts like an elephant (indian elephant) but that is where the similarity ends.