Crown Princess

CAVE MAN

Most of the Princess ships are the same to me, can't really tell them apart. I'm not sure what the negative things are being said (because I rarely read the ship reviews) but I have been on the Crown twice and found it to be equal to all of the others.  Which is to say I thought it was fine, just like all the others.  But, then I give no thought at all to the location of certain venues like the gym or the lounges.  Or whether or not it seems crowded in one place or another.  Can't remember being particularly unhappy with the crew or the food.  Without going back and looking up specifics I couldn't even tell you any of the differences.  I just like Princess in general and the product they deliver.

What I can tell you is the places we went on each ship.  So far two of my favorite cruises happen to have been on the Crown.  Honestly though I like to cruise on any of the ships and I choose a cruise based on itinerary and not which ship.

Edited by Blondilu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blondilu said:

Most of the Princess ships are the same to me, can't really tell them apart. I'm not sure what the negative things are being said but I have been on the Crown twice and found it to be equal to all of the others.  Which is to say I thought it was fine, just like all the others.  But, then I give no thought at all to the location of certain venues like the gym or the lounges.  Or whether or not it seems crowded in one place or another.  Can't remember being particularly unhappy with the crew or the food.  Without going back and looking up specifics I couldn't even tell you any of the differences.  I just like Princess in general and the product they deliver.

What I can tell you is the places we went on each ship.  So far two of my favorite cruises happen to have been on the Crown.  Honestly though I like to cruise on any of the ships and I choose a cruise based on itinerary and not which ship.

Thank you so much for your answer, we have been on the Crown but many years ago. Have not been on Princess for a long time. Lot of Holland America, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. And most of the time on the New ships. But really liked some of the iteniaries Princess had out of Southampton. Just wondering what had changed.

We were on the Crown for 31 days in December 2016/January 2017 and had no complaints at all.  Same last winter on a 10 day Christmas cruise.  Great staff on both cruises, ship was in fine shape on the earlier cruise and in excellent shape last winter following a dry dock in June 2018.

You would probably get more responses if you post this on the Princess board:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

• 2 weeks later...

Although we no longer sail with Princess, we have used them for almost 35 years, sailing on most classes of ship.

The Crown Princess is a super Grand Class, which started with the Caribbean in 2004. They took the excellent Grand Class and added another full deck of cabins (aboout 500 pax) to the same hull. Therefore, the pax/space ratio is much lower than the Grand Class.

Only sailed once on the Emerald (Crown sister) and found it way too crowded. Never returned to any super Grand Class.