Hotels close to Barcelona Cathedral

midwestchick

I've stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon twice and found it affordable, clean and safe and offered everything I wanted in my short stays.   It is a lower cost option to its sister, Hotel Colon.  Hotel Colon is directly on the Cathedral square and Regencia Colon is the building behind it (so also very close to the square).  I have not stayed at the Hotel Colon.

7 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I've stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon twice and found it affordable, clean and safe and offered everything I wanted in my short stays.   It is a lower cost option to its sister, Hotel Colon.  Hotel Colon is directly on the Cathedral square and Regencia Colon is the building behind it (so also very close to the square).  I have not stayed at the Hotel Colon.

Hotel Colon is blacked out for my date.  I’ll check the other one.

Thank you.

Edited by midwestchick

Just now, pno4te said:

We signed up on their website and got a discount code.  I believe it was 30-35% off.

Do you possibly remember your rate?  I don’t know why but many of the hotels seem to have much higher rates than a few years ago.  I didn’t think November would be that popular of a time to visit.

18 minutes ago, midwestchick said:

Is it also near the large market?  We wanted to do that on our last visit but didn’t get it accomplished.  Thanks for the recommendation.

It is close enough to Mercat de Santa Caterina which is a real market.

Maybe you are referring to La Boqueria which is more well known to tourists. That is ok too, less than 10 mins walk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

Maybe you are referring to La Boqueria which is more well known to tourists. That is ok too, less than 10 mins walk

Yes, definitely LaBoqueria Market.  I want to buy some fresh flowers for our stateroom.  

I’m not familiar with Mercat de Santa Catarina.

25 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

17 minutes ago, midwestchick said:

I’m not familiar with Mercat de Santa Catarina.

You should go check it out!  I agree with the "real" market comment, similar ones are found throughout Barcelona.  Think of it as kind of like a mall in that it's a collection of stores but it's filled with small vendors selling seafood, ham, fruits, vegetables, etc.  This link should load several pictures.

18 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Do you possibly remember your rate?  I don’t know why but many of the hotels seem to have much higher rates than a few years ago.  I didn’t think November would be that popular of a time to visit.

We booked our room 9 months in advance of our trip and (with the discounted rate) paid less than 400 Euros per night.  However, that was an upgraded corner room with breakfast included. The property is right down the "street" from La Boqueria and a short walk to the Barcelona Cathedral in Barri Gotic.  We only needed transportation to the port and to La Sagrada Familia; everything else was within walking distance.  We feel that we got more than our money's worth and plan to return.

16 minutes ago, pno4te said:

We booked our room 9 months in advance of our trip and (with the discounted rate) paid less than 400 Euros per night.  However, that was an upgraded corner room with breakfast included. The property is right down the "street" from La Boqueria and a short walk to the Barcelona Cathedral in Barri Gotic.  We only needed transportation to the port and to La Sagrada Familia; everything else was within walking distance.  We feel that we got more than our money's worth and plan to return.

I know very well where it is.  Cruise critic people stayed there from our roll call and hosted a party for all of us that flew in early for the cruise, so I have been there.  I showed her the hotel rates for this year and they are way beyond what they paid a couple years ago. I can actually stay right at the Eurostar Grand Marina for less money.  It seems Hotel 1898 is price gouging this fall.  

Thank you for your information.

• 2 weeks later...