Better Bourbon and Scotch

3 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Buffalo Trace is only $5 more per bottle than Jack around here and the same price as Jameson.

I vote for BT

I would too, but I bet Royal's price for JD is very very good.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I'm sure Royal could buy BT at a very good price too...😎

I bet more people get Jake and XXX than BT and anything (or nothing).  So their price is way better....

Which is why Dewars white and Jameson are the other whiskies available.

Still, if you try- more than once, I've gotten my choice of whiskey during the happy hour.  I order what I want, not what's available for free- and very often I end up with it for free.   Worth the try!  If you are willing to pay for a whiskey neat, getting it for free is a major bonus!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:40 PM, JennyB1977 said:

I'm also a Bourbon drinker and so far on Carnival (in January Woodford was as good as it got) and NCL (did have Bulleit Sky June 2018) have been satisfied but not blown away by the selection. I leave Friday on the Navigator and hope for some "better" Bourbons. I would be willing to pay "more" (above the drink package maximum) for better Bourbons. I just don't think there are enough of us that want them. I will continue to keep putting it in my post cruise surveys, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was just on the Navigator and if you are looking for some Blanton's to take home, they have it. We bought several bottles and also 1 liter Crown Royal 4 for $78.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, karena1 said:

My husband loves Maker's Mark, he gets it on every cruise.  Doubt he has ever heard of the brands you mentioned - lol

Has he tried makers 101? I bought a bottle on the Navigator as a Christmas gift.

7 hours ago, fla gang said:

I was just on the Navigator and if you are looking for some Blanton's to take home, they have it. We bought several bottles and also 1 liter Crown Royal 4 for $78.

they have ample blantons or just a couple bottles?  I guess when I go in a few months I’ll just buy my allotment the first day and then if I find anything in ports that I want then my wife, her mother, and my mother will be “buying bottles” also.  Haha

18 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Well this is different from the Buffalo Trace tasting that I have seen onboard all of the time. This is on Anthem next week.

72625712_1704086126391771_3704583440838950912_n.jpg

NO, NO, NO, NEVER ice in a good whisk(e)y.

A bit of water, but not ice.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Actually I usually don't even put water in...unless it is cask strength.

A wee bit of water opens up some flavors and aromas.

Try it.  Drink it down if needed, but add a drop or two of water.  Swirl, let sit a minute, and taste.  Repeat.  At some point, you may hit the point where there is too much water.

Most whiskies are better with just a touch of water.

• Like 1