Depaz or la favorite rum distillery?

kibutzer

On 9/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, kibutzer said:

Interested in hearing pros and cons of which place to go to. We will be visiting La Balata Gardens and want to add one Rum place, either Depaz or La Favorite. Pros and cons please. We will have about fours hours to tour.

Totally agree Depaz is a fabulous small modern Distillery set in beautiful surroundings, and it will take your breath away.   An excellent visual and educational tour.  Samplings are somewhat controlled, as the better stuff is not on offer.

However, my heart is with La Favorite, because you step back in time to when huge powerful noisy steam driven engines were the kings of power.  A cacophony of bangs, clangs, whomps and hisses.  This hand made process is still followed today.  Also the tasting pours by hand are generous.  

Also I must admit to being a little biased towards La Favorite La Filbuste Rhum, being hand made, hand hand casked, hand bottled nectar, presided over by a true master.

For the possibility see plants machinery in serious action, visit between February and June.

Both tours are excellent, but for different reasons.

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Totally agree Depaz is a fabulous small modern Distillery set in beautiful surroundings, and it will take your breath away.   An excellent visual and educational tour.  Samplings are somewhat controlled, as the better stuff is not on offer.

However, my heart is with La Favorite, because you step back in time to when huge powerful noisy steam driven engines were the kings of power.  A cacophony of bangs, clangs, whomps and hisses.  This hand made process is still followed today.  Also the tasting pours by hand are generous.  

Also I must admit to being a little biased towards La Favorite La Filbuste Rhum, being hand made, hand hand casked, hand bottled nectar, presided over by a true master.

For the possibility see plants machinery in serious action, visit between February and June.

Both tours are excellent, but for different reasons.

YUMMY!! That sounds great.