Transportation in Mobile

kenb

On 9/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, kenb said:

What is the best way to get to the airport after disembarkation in Mobile? Uber, Taxi or Carnival shuttle. We have a 1:00pm flight.

I'd say Uber or taxi. It is a long way to the airport. It should not take you very long to get through security, etc, but I would not want to wait on others for the shuttle. Also, this may or may not be important to you, food is limited at the airport, an Uber might take you through the drive through!

20 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I'd say Uber or taxi. It is a long way to the airport. It should not take you very long to get through security, etc, but I would not want to wait on others for the shuttle. Also, this may or may not be important to you, food is limited at the airport, an Uber might take you through the drive through!

Thanks for the information. It has been hard to get information about Mobile on the boards. It is my first time on Carnival and Mobile so I like to plan ahead. We are staying in Mobile at the Hampton Inn in the historic area for 2 nights. Any suggestions for something to do or a good place to eat nearby would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, kenb said:

Thanks for the information. It has been hard to get information about Mobile on the boards. It is my first time on Carnival and Mobile so I like to plan ahead. We are staying in Mobile at the Hampton Inn in the historic area for 2 nights. Any suggestions for something to do or a good place to eat nearby would be appreciated.

New places are opening so fast, especially in the Dauphin Street area that it is hard to even keep up. For fine dining, try Noble South, Southern National or Noja. Slightly less fancy, Dumbwaiter. I say fine dining, but none of these are truly dressy. For Casual, try Serda Brewing (I haven’t been there, so I’m not sure what the food is like, I think the brewery has a food truck park outside the building), Moe’s BarBQ, Cheese Cottage (good sandwiches on the patio, and another brewery is going in behind, don’t know if it is finished), any of the restaurants in the “Wintzells block” - Wintzells, 5 Bar and El Papi. Chucks Fish. If you like to walk, you can walk to most of these places, maybe Uber back, but none are in the same block as the Hampton. Oh, and for a real splurge, romantic celebration, Bob Baumhower’s Dauphins, it’s at the top of the old Amsouth bank building and has a great view of the port, especially if it’s dark. I’ve seen men in collared shirts at Dauphins, but is more of a jacket antie place to me.

There aren’t too many bad places down there, competition is tough and the bad places close, just a matter of what type of food, and what atmosphere do you want

On 9/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, kenb said:

Thanks

Any ideas for a Sunday brunch with our friend we are cruising with? They are driving an hour from Mississippi  for the day before.

Spot of Tea

The Battle House Hotel has a beautiful interior and is a sight to see, very elegant, if that is more your friends' thing. Spot of Tea, though, breakfast and brunch is what they do, ginormous Bloody Marys