Great Lakes

travelingla

8 hours ago, travelingla said:

Has anyone on this board actually cruised the Great Lakes?  I cannot find any info and would like to know the favorite line to explore for this. Thank you

You might do better posting this in the Canada/New England Forum under Ports of Call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/9-canadanew-england/

• Thanks 1

I'm aware of three cruise lines that sail the Great Lakes:  The fore-mentioned Blount Small Ship Adventures, Victory Cruise Lines (a recent acquisition of American Queen Steamboat Company), and Pearl Seas (an affiliate of American Queen Steamboat Company).  Our only cruise on the Great Lakes was with Blount ten years ago.  I concur with rafinmd's assessment; crew was great and on-board historian/naturalists were excellent.

In the luxury segment, Ponant is offering a Great Lakes of North America itinerary on Oct. 6 – but it is sold out.  Hopefully they will do this again in future years.

https://us.ponant.com/cruises/north-america-great-lakes-of-north-america-c061019-4

I just finished the great lakes for 16 days Chicago to New York  via Erie Canal with Blount.  The highlight was the Erie Canal and Hudson River.  Saw the Victory at Mackinac Island.  Beautiful ship but would not make it on the Erie Canal or Welland Canal.  Blount was fine for me.  I knew what I was getting when I booked and it was what I wanted.

Naturalist did a great job, food was excellent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, travelingla said:

Has anyone on this board actually cruised the Great Lakes?  I cannot find any info and would like to know the favorite line to explore for this. Thank you

While I haven't done the cruise yet, I am booked on Tauck small ship for next year, Toronto to Chicago. The itinerary looks excellent.  This will be our first Tauck small ship cruise, but based on previous experiences with them, I anticipate a first class experience.

Bob