Martini bar on the classic package

smile842

On 9/17/2019 at 3:12 AM, smile842 said:

Am I able to get martinis at the martini bar using the classic beverage package?

On the Infinity recently we found it depended on who was serving. The person in charge of the bar never charged and I guess just made them slightly smaller or used a slightly cheaper brand of spirits.  Other servers charged the $ or so price difference. 

Edited by DYKWIA

9 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

If we opted for the Classic Package perk when booking, can we still upgrade to the Premium Package when we get on board?  This something we've done twice before, so I just want to make sure.

Yes, staff will be vying to sell you an upgrade (as they get rewarded). I would purchase it in a bar that you plan to frequent most as you will have someone there who will remember you. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, staff will be vying to sell you an upgrade (as they get rewarded). I would purchase it in a bar that you plan to frequent most as you will have someone there who will remember you. 😉

Which, for both me and my wife, would be the martini bar!  :classic_wink:

Thanks!

• Like 1

We have the classic package for our next cruise.  We have had the premium package before, but it was a perk.  My question is this, they usually have the table set up in the terminal for package purchases,  if we decide to upgrade our package before we board, can we pay cash for the upgrade, or will I need to use a credit card?

33 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

We have the classic package for our next cruise.  We have had the premium package before, but it was a perk.  My question is this, they usually have the table set up in the terminal for package purchases,  if we decide to upgrade our package before we board, can we pay cash for the upgrade, or will I need to use a credit card?

I think it will go on your on board account...but you said in “the terminal” so not sure at this point...

Edited by PTC DAWG

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, clarky213 said:

Same price on Exlipse.

Well worth the upgrade in my opinion, a couple of Martini's and better Wine with your Meal and also Evian and Pellegrino water.

Agree.  We also prefer the premium alcohol which would cost additional on the regular package.   Like you, we enjoy Evian, Pellegrino and soda drinks on occasion. 

1 hour ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Slightly off topic but what water is available on the classic package?  Is there a water similar to a Pellegrino?  

Generic still water is the only water option on classic. If you like sparkling the only option on classic is club soda. 

42 minutes ago, royalcruz said:

Generic still water is the only water option on classic. If you like sparkling the only option on classic is club soda. 

You can also get tap water in your cabin, water in the buffet, or water in the dining rooms.   It is the same water that they use to make tea, coffee, soup,  coffee in Cafe al Bacio and etc. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 9/17/2019 at 1:47 PM, bookitdanno said:

No. Flights are not part of any package. DRAT!!!

So...the easy solution is you order two full size of variety A & B, while your SO orders two full size of variety C & D, you each drink half of each one and you have made your own flight.  And if people complain about sharing, then each of you just orders 4 full size versions of each one and waste whatever ones you don't like.

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So...the easy solution is you order two full size of variety A & B, while your SO orders two full size of variety C & D, you each drink half of each one and you have made your own flight.  And if people complain about sharing, then each of you just orders 4 full size versions of each one and waste whatever ones you don't like.

Yeah,  that's the ticket.

I think you do have to wait a few minutes between drinks, but you could order A and C and then B and D shortly thereafter if they restrict you from ordering 2 drinks at the same time on the same card(drink package)  

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Who is going to complain, why and what will happen?  My wife and I always taste each others drinks unless we are having the same thing.   

Sometimes we also order different deserts and share.  

We may also drink out of the same bottle of water

And we share the same bed.  🥰😍

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

12 hours ago, nesheiml said:

Can you get martinis from other bars that are covered by the classic package?

Yes you can.  It will be made with non premium liquor.  You can get cosmos, and etc but nothing real exotic.  

At those bars if you have a premium pack and order a martini they will use non premium liquor unless you specify what you want it made with.  

A BT told us that the Classic was the best package because the majority of the drinks that people with a premium pack drink are covered by the Classic 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 9/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, screwsmcernst said:

Your ship board account will be charged.  The staff in the terminal selling beverage packages, specialty restaurant, etc can’t take cash or a credit card.  No different than if you purchased something on the ship.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, miched said:

Yes you can.  It will be made with non premium liquor.  You can get cosmos, and etc but nothing real exotic.  

At those bars if you have a premium pack and order a martini they will use non premium liquor unless you specify what you want it made with.  

A BT told us that the Classic was the best package because the majority of the drinks that people with a premium pack drink are covered by the Classic 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That is interesting.  Will check it out on our next cruise.  We do like the top shelf vodkas though and that may be our issue.  We did have to ask for top shelf at bars besides the Martini Bar and also DW would ask for tonic water (I think that was what she had) from a can vs the hose. 

Edited by shipshape sam

On 9/18/2019 at 4:31 AM, vtcruising said:

vtcruising - that is what we did on the Silhouette lat year.  Wife and I upgraded from Classic (was a perk) to the Premium, and SIL traveling as the 3rd passenger purchased the Premium.  We did the transaction upon boarding, from one of the regular Martini Bar waitstaff...  Wow!  We had amazing service the entire cruise!!  Definitely pays to do it this way!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, Umbarger said:

Went on the Solstice last May.  I had the classic package and they would not serve me in the Martini bar.  I was made to feel very unwelcome.  

See that's ridiculous that we are made feel this way. No one should be refused a drink. Not like we didn't pay for a pkg!! Perk or no, price is still built in!! 😞😞

On 9/22/2019 at 1:11 AM, Umbarger said:

Went on the Solstice last May.  I had the classic package and they would not serve me in the Martini bar.  I was made to feel very unwelcome.  

You obviously must look extremely young to be turned away!  :classic_smile:

12 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

You obviously must look extremely young to be turned away!  :classic_smile:

I wish that was the reason.  No luck there.  I was turned away because I didn't have the premium package.  Glad I was not the only one, newfiegirl4. 

• Thanks 1