Carnival Customer Service

ggroggey

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

You should be a Carnival rep. 😀   Your information is always spot on.

Thank you, but you're too kind. Actually, I did call center work when I was younger. Some friends and I worked for a mail-order catalog company in their warehouse. Years later, after I had gone off and done other things, I was living not far from their call center. I liked the company when I worked at their warehouse and the thought of a nice comfortable chair in a climate-controlled building really sounded appealing, so I gave it a shot. It didn't take me long to realize it wasn't for me. Getting chewed out over the phone everyday because someone received the wrong style rug or the wrong color shoes. Maybe if it had been something I knew more about, but home decor and women's clothes weren't in my wheelhouse. 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ggroggey said:

Thanks everyone! I was able to get my deposit fully refunded. I appreciate all of the helpful and constructive advice!

Wait, so you cancelled your whole cruise? Did you speak with a supervisor, or did you have a non-early saver deposit?

23 minutes ago, ggroggey said:

Thanks everyone! I was able to get my deposit fully refunded. I appreciate all of the helpful and constructive advice!

Glad you got a good outcome, but out of curiosity, would you mine sharing with us why you decided to cancel the entire cruise instead of just the drink package?

It turned out that my original request to cancel the cruise was honored since it was within 24hrs of making the reservation. I might have kept the initial reservation without the drink package if the representative had talked me through it and was friendly (she was the one that suggested I cancel the complete reservation) but I was so uncomfortable with the nature of the representives (two of them) that I actually became wary. It is really hard to describe the feeling I got with both of them. Almost like they were contractors or something working from their home and both new to the industry.  There was a silent pause during one part of the conversation...she said she fell out of her chair. It just didn't seem normal.  And that was the intention of my original post.  I may give Carnival a try but not just yet. I learned a good lesson and really appreciate the good advice.

When you have a good PVP, they are worth their weight in gold. I have found what I thought were very good prices and call to book, and my PVP ca see even better deals. I will say there are good PVPs and then there are better PVPs. My first PVP was really good and he moved on. The PVP that took his place was not as good and I decided that I wanted a different PVP. Got a good reference from a fellow CC member and am very pleased with my current PVP. I started cruising with a local TA and they retired and I was not happy with my new TA, that is how I started using a PVP.

5 hours ago, ggroggey said:

It turned out that my original request to cancel the cruise was honored since it was within 24hrs of making the reservation. I might have kept the initial reservation without the drink package if the representative had talked me through it and was friendly (she was the one that suggested I cancel the complete reservation) but I was so uncomfortable with the nature of the representives (two of them) that I actually became wary. It is really hard to describe the feeling I got with both of them. Almost like they were contractors or something working from their home and both new to the industry.  There was a silent pause during one part of the conversation...she said she fell out of her chair. It just didn't seem normal.  And that was the intention of my original post.  I may give Carnival a try but not just yet. I learned a good lesson and really appreciate the good advice.

She fell out of her chair. 🤣 I'll tell you what, if I did that, I surely wouldn't tell the stranger who I'm on the phone with that it happened. LOL That's surreal.

Don't let a bad customer service experience with Carnival completely scare you away from the line. Those reps aren't a good representation of what Carnival's cruises have to offer. I hope you do decide to give it another go sometime. Just remember not to buy Cheers unless you really, really want it. 😉

• Like 2