FTTF price

jkzs

I am sailing on the Breeze February, 2020.  I purchased FTTF as soon as it was available.  My question is I am on a 7 day sailing and I paid $109.99 for it.  Has anyone else paid more for the FTTF than what it states on their website?  I have called carnival and was told that FTTF just "starts at" $89.95 for 7 day sailings. 

1 minute ago, ishap said:

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense.  I just looked at the FTTF pricing and the 109.99 is for the 7 day Panorama cruise. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

No it does not I have called carnival twice about this and both time was basically told that they could make it a different price because it says "starting at".  FTTF just became available for my sailing again and it was priced the $109.99 but once I added it to my cart and when to check out the price was $89.95 so I just repurchased it at the lower price and I will cancel the one that I paid $109.99 for.  It's just frustrating that both times I called they seemed to not no why I had to pay more. 

• Like 1

FTTF is priced based on Port and on Ship.  

Carnival Horizon and Carnival Panorama cost more than the other ships.  

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver, San Diego and San Francisco.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374

3 hours ago, ishap said:

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense.  I just looked at the FTTF pricing and the 109.99 is for the 7 day Panorama cruise. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

When did FTTF open up for the panorama?  I've been looking for Sunrise in FEB 2020 and Panorama for March 2021 but nothing is listed for either sailing yet.  boo.

1 minute ago, jdemps said:

When did FTTF open up for the panorama?  I've been looking for Sunrise in FEB 2020 and Panorama for March 2021 but nothing is listed for either sailing yet.  boo.

You probably won't see FTTF for a 2021 cruise yet...usually 6-12 months in advance.  You should be seeing it for Sunrise very soon I would think.

The link I posted is just showing pricing table...not the actual sailings.

@jkzs I'm glad you were able to get the reduced price- I booked an 8 day on Freedom and it was only $99.95!

I agree that it's frustrating to get different answers from Customer Service... if I were the overall Client Services manager I'd be requiring regular refresher courses for all reps, mandatory quizzes on standard topics and reviews of recorded sessions to provide feedback to the reps. A business is judged by its public face and with so much inconsistency in the quality of their CS team, it makes them look bad!

3 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

FTTF is priced based on Port and on Ship. 

The port doesn't have anything to do with the FTTF price. Just the length of the cruise and certain ships.

55 minutes ago, TonyinMD said:

I paid for FTTF for a 6 day on the Horizon and it was 109.99 as well

That's what it's supposed to be for a 6-day on the Horizon. They jack up the price of FTTF on the newest ship for longer cruises. We're going on an 8-day on Horizon and paid $119.95 for FTTF.

But it looks like when Panorama begins sailing, they're still leaving the higher prices for Horizon. My guess is because they're sailing in different regions.

6 hours ago, GranysT said:

Considering it started out at about $49, I can't believe 

Me either....and it was barely worth $49 bucks.   I found out patience is a virtue.  You do not need to be first on board, first in line at the buffet, Dining Room, Tender boats, etal.   Guess that is what happens as you get older.....LOL    

Whether or not something is worth it is subjective. We all find value in different things. For many of us, FTTF isn't about "being first." We're not children. Nor is it always about being impatient. We like to get on board earlier because, for one, we'd like to start our cruise as soon as we can. Also, I'd prefer to beat the Lido lunch crowds. We thoroughly enjoy having our cabin ready right away. We've taken our carry-on luggage to lunch before and we managed, but it still sucks, especially when you're fighting the crowds. I like not having to wait in line at Guest Services. To that, someone usually says, just wait until there's no line. Well, that's not always ideal. Besides, if I need to take care of something, I'd rather get it over with so I can get back to enjoying my cruise and not have to think about going back to GS later.

Carnival will probably raise the price of FTTF until they hit the mark when enough people think it's finally too much. It may not happen right away, but that's just how it works. They offer a service with a great profit margin and is in high demand. They're going to take advantage of that. They didn't invent this concept. At many big amusement parks, you can pay big bucks to get in early, cut to the front of the line, get some free drinks, things like that. Just because you don't find value in FTTF doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

• Like 5

Very true O.C. Another way to look at it that many of the cruisers on any given ship are elderly. And waiting in line takes a toll on the aging body. That's what it does to me. If it's not the legs starting to tire, it's the hips and joint starting to ache after walking long distances or on inclines, either direction. If it saves me physical pain, then I'm all for it. Even though it is pain for the bank account. Besides, enduring pain is against my religion. 

39 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Whether or not something is worth it is subjective. We all find value in different things.

Very true.  I still find value in FTTF but there may be a price ceiling that I won't.  Seeing as though embarkation is technically day 1 of the cruise, I do like to get on earlier to enjoy my time on the ship.  Drop my stuff off in the room right away and then enjoy lunch while most people are still waiting to board.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Whether or not something is worth it is subjective. We all find value in different things.

Just because you don't find value in FTTF doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

Wow!  BillyBob simply said he thought it was barely worth $49 bucks back when that was the cost.  Where did he ever say or imply that FTTF is not worth it to others ?   Is this one of those intuition things where you know better than the actual poster what the poster really means or is really saying ?  Perhaps you also have the ability to judge how the entire crew feels simply by looking at them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Wow!  BillyBob simply said he thought it was barely worth $49 bucks back when that was the cost.  Where did he ever say or imply that FTTF is not worth it to others ?   Is this one of those intuition things where you know better than the actual poster what the poster really means or is really saying ?  Perhaps you also have the ability to judge how the entire crew feels simply by looking at them.

My comment was in response to GranysT and HillBilly Bob. Where shall I start. To say, "I can't believe people are paying these prices for it now," is the same as claiming it's not worth it. Bob's comment was in direct response to GranysT comment, agreeing that it isn't worth it. Again, worth and value is subjective. Then his whole spiel about being older and more patient and saying, "You do not need to be first..." was an implication that those who do buy FTTF only do so because we're impatient and need to be first at things. He did not say he does not need to be first, he directed his comment at everyone else. So to that I say, you do you and let everyone else handle their own business.

I'm also coming from a place of experience in that every time a FTTF thread pops up, there's always those who don't buy it and don't like the idea of it, but insist on trying to tell everyone it's not worth it. That's exactly what happened here. Someone has every right to say they don't think it's worth it to them, but that's where the question, "Is this worth it?" ends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I paid $89.95 three days ago for my 7-day cruise on the Breeze in February, as soon as I saw FTTF was available again.

Now, suddenly, it's $109.99....

I knew inflation and the cost of living were increasing, but this is ridiculous.

Edited to add: This is my first FTTF. I will evaluate for myself if it's worth the upcharge.

No need to comment or discuss my mental state. Everyone already knows I'm insane (and have more money than common sense, too)

Edited by Cruise Cynic

Response to Billy Bob.  First, I want to try FTTF,  but agreed with several posters if the price keeps going up or on my next cruise it is $109, then I will not get it.  I really think Billy Bob's response with "you" was not directly to a person. I do believe the term was used more general of a statement.  Like a teacher saying "You do not have to do that" to the class.  Not to one person but of more of his opinion in general. GO back and re-read it with that in mind.  You are correct no one doesn't need to be first in line....etc, BUT! BillyBob...some people need this service or maybe they want to spoil themselves for once...ME!  FTTF is a money maker for the cruise, however there is a lot that goes behind the scenes for those services.  If it keeps going up I will not purchase  and will be right there with ya. I will let you go first.  (LOL)  .  

Edited by Diggerof4

The price is per stateroom, so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits. Prices are subject to change and may vary by ship. Faster to the Fun is subject to availability.

Prices Starting From Per Stateroom

2019 Cruises

2020 Cruises

$39.95 USD

2 day cruises

2 day cruises

$39.95 USD

3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty)

3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty)

$59.95 USD

3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty

3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty

$49.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

$59.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Victory

4 day cruises on Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest

$69.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista

4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sunrise, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista

$59.95 USD

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

$79.95 USD

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

$89.95 USD

6 day cruises (excluding Carnival Horizon)

6 day cruises (excluding Carnival Horizon)

$109.95 USD

6 day cruises on Carnival Horizon

6 day cruises on Carnival Horizon

$89.95 USD

7 day cruises (excluding Carnival Horizon)

7 day cruises (excluding Carnival Panorama)

$109.95 USD

N/A

7 day cruises on Carnival Panorama

$99.95 USD

8 day and longer cruises (excluding Carnival Journeys departures and Carnival Horizon)

8 day and longer cruises* (excluding Carnival Horizon)

$119.95 USD

8 day cruises on Carnival Horizon

8 day cruises on Carnival Horizon

*Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys and Europe cruises.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver, San Diego and San Francisco. 

Faster to the Fun will be offered on the Carnival Panorama, starting with departures in February 2020, Carnival Radiance, starting with departures in January 2021 and Mardi Gras, starting in 2021 (date to be determined).

Edited by Diggerof4

Thankfully, after my next cruise I will be Platinum and won't have to look for FTTF.  I liked it when I've been able to get it and it was worth it to me. 
Nobody "needs" a benefit.  People purchase things are of value to them, just like the drink package.  I can't imagine ever drinking enough to make it worth it, but many people find that it benefits them in some way.  People mostly lose money on bingo, but many people get enjoyment playing.  I'm sure the cruise line makes a lot of money from their photos.  Just because someone finds no value in a benefit doesn't mean nobody else does. 

I personally think one of the most profitable money-making programs for the cruise line is the drink package.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cruise Cynic said:

I paid $89.95 three days ago for my 7-day cruise on the Breeze in February, as soon as I saw FTTF was available again.

Now, suddenly, it's $109.99....

I knew inflation and the cost of living were increasing, but this is ridiculous.

Edited to add: This is my first FTTF. I will evaluate for myself if it's worth the upcharge.

No need to comment or discuss my mental state. Everyone already knows I'm insane (and have more money than common sense, too)

We've been watching them for our Dec. cruise and finally snagged one in the wee hours this morning. Now they're sold out again, so a big thanks to the person who cancelled and opened up their FTTF. 😁 The sad part is, we paid $10 more for this FTTF for a 5-day than we did for our 7-day last year. The price went up shortly after that one. That's when we decided we'd make our decision to buy it or not on a cruise by cruise basis. We have an 8-day on Horizon next years and FTTF is $120. We didn't want to pay that much, but there's a group going and based on certain circumstances, we decided to splurge.

A 7-day on the Breeze should still be $90, so if it's showing $110, there must be a glitch in their system. If anyone is wanting to buy FTTF and the price shown doesn't match the prices in their FAQ's, I'd definitely call your PVP or their 800 number and ask to speak to a supervisor.

50 minutes ago, Diggerof4 said:

Response to Billy Bob.  First, I want to try FTTF,  but agreed with several posters if the price keeps going up or on my next cruise it is $109, then I will not get it.  I really think Billy Bob's response with "you" was not directly to a person. I do believe the term was used more general of a statement.  Like a teacher saying "You do not have to do that" to the class.  Not to one person but of more of his opinion in general. GO back and re-read it with that in mind.  You are correct no one doesn't need to be first in line....etc, BUT! BillyBob...some people need this service or maybe they want to spoil themselves for once...ME!  FTTF is a money maker for the cruise, however there is a lot that goes behind the scenes for those services.  If it keeps going up I will not purchase  and will be right there with ya. I will let you go first.  (LOL)  .  

That's exactly how I read it, so I don't need to go back. He said "you" in general. I didn't think he was directing it at me or any one person. He was directing it at everyone, which is why I disagreed. I didn't say anyone needed to be first, I said being first isn't why most people buy FTTF. When we're talking about the value/worth of FTTF, which is subjective, you shouldn't make generalized statements directed at everyone because its value, or lack thereof, doesn't apply to everyone...just you. What rubs me the wrong way is when people who don't buy FTTF and don't like the idea of FTTF just come into a FTTF thread to insult the people who do. If someone wants to have a rational discussion about why they think it's not worth it to them, great. But when you come in to put people down for doing something you don't do, which is all too common on here, then expect some push-back.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Whether or not something is worth it is subjective. We all find value in different things. For many of us, FTTF isn't about "being first." We're not children. Nor is it always about being impatient. We like to get on board earlier because, for one, we'd like to start our cruise as soon as we can. Also, I'd prefer to beat the Lido lunch crowds. We thoroughly enjoy having our cabin ready right away. We've taken our carry-on luggage to lunch before and we managed, but it still sucks, especially when you're fighting the crowds. I like not having to wait in line at Guest Services. To that, someone usually says, just wait until there's no line. Well, that's not always ideal. Besides, if I need to take care of something, I'd rather get it over with so I can get back to enjoying my cruise and not have to think about going back to GS later.

Carnival will probably raise the price of FTTF until they hit the mark when enough people think it's finally too much. It may not happen right away, but that's just how it works. They offer a service with a great profit margin and is in high demand. They're going to take advantage of that. They didn't invent this concept. At many big amusement parks, you can pay big bucks to get in early, cut to the front of the line, get some free drinks, things like that. Just because you don't find value in FTTF doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

I am surprised Carnival hasn’t already raised the price for FTTF.  There are frequent posts on this and other web sites taking about FTTF being sold out. It appears the demand for FTTF still exceeds  availability on the majority of Carnival’s cruises, which leads me to believe it is currently under priced.