Wrong Check-in Time on Boarding pass

LadyGal4

I purchased FTTF later, at it says I can board between 12-1 when I purchased it, but my boarding pass says 1pm-1:30. This is for Port Canaveral, and most of the time, I have always checked in much, much earlier than this. 

Have they tightened up the boarding rules for Port Canaveral?

1 minute ago, LadyGal4 said:

I purchased FTTF later, at it says I can board between 12-1 when I purchased it, but my boarding pass says 1pm-1:30. This is for Port Canaveral, and most of the time, I have always checked in much, much earlier than this. 

Have they tightened up the boarding rules for Port Canaveral?

FTTF overrules arrival time.  Go when you want

• Like 1

There will be a priority line at the port terminal that you can go through for check-in.  It varies as far as when they will actually start boarding, but for my Sept 7th cruise out of Port Canaveral they started boarding around 10:50.  They started calling for zone A1 at 11:05 and FTTF passengers were called before zone A1.  If I had FTTF, I would plan on arriving between 10:15 and 10:30 like MRSG29 suggested.

54 minutes ago, RHilla619 said:

The FTTF logo on your supersedes what ever boarding time you were assigned. There will be a priority line for you to get in at the port. I would go on the earlier side as well to take full advantage of the perks you paid for. Enjoy!

Remember it’s not a boarding time, it’s a check in time, but yes, FTTF does bypass the assigned check in time.  There is no guarantee what time boarding will begin...in most instances, boarding will start for wedding parties, Diamond, Platinum, FTTF about 11am, but in rare cases when they decide to do an inspection, it could be later. Happened to me in Long Beach once, and boarding didn’t start until 2:00pm.

As an FYI: there’s not such thing as a boarding time. You board when Carnival instructs you to. The time listed on your boarding pass is a check-in time only. With FTTF you can check in at any time once check in for your cruise has started. However, you will only board when boarding has begun for FTTF. I have had cruises that have had delayed embarkation for one reason or another, and even with FTTF we didn’t board until 12:45. 

32 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

As an FYI: there’s not such thing as a boarding time. You board when Carnival instructs you to. The time listed on your boarding pass is a check-in time only. With FTTF you can check in at any time once check in for your cruise has started. However, you will only board when boarding has begun for FTTF. I have had cruises that have had delayed embarkation for one reason or another, and even with FTTF we didn’t board until 12:45. 

Good point. On our last cruise they didn’t start boarding until 12:15 PM. We were inside the terminal around 10:30 AM. The priority lounge was packed by the time boarding started. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good point. On our last cruise they didn’t start boarding until 12:15 PM. We were inside the terminal around 10:30 AM. The priority lounge was packed by the time boarding started. 

Ditto with our last cruise out of Galveston... apparently their computers onboard the ship went down, halting disembarkation, but the computers used for check in were working fine.... so the boarding lounge was full, and so was the ship, since they needed to stop disembarkation and delay boarding by about an hour.