Solo cruisers

Buddy31825

Not sure how we can answer the question, as we don't know you, your level of enjoyment of cruising, or anything else. It might help a little if you tell us how long your previous longest cruise was.

We have a 24 day cruise booked for next May, and have done several 20+ day cruises out of our 22 cruises, as we like the longer cruises. But can't say how that would relate to you.

If this were your first cruise, I would suggest that it might be a bit long. But as a return cruiser, you know what to expect. Just keep in mind that the TransPacifics will have quite a few sea days, so if those aren't your thing, it might be problematic.

If you are concerned about going solo. see if you can book a shorter one ahead of time as a trial. Personally, while I might enjoy the solitude, I think that cruise might be a bit long for me to do as a first time solo. But, that's me.

This is not meant to be rude but I agree with others with, since we do not know anything about you, I don't now how we can answer that for you.  And quite frankly I think you are the only one who can.

However, perhaps you should also post this on the Solo Cruisers board to share your thoughts with others who have had similar experiences.  Maybe this will help you gain some insight.  Here is the link to that board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/279-solo-cruisers/

Enjoy your first solo cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

If you are comfortable in your own skin and do not mind doing your "thing" solo on land, you will be fine on the cruise.  Be sure to take whatever it is you do on your alone time -music, reading, crosswords, etc.  You get to be able to have the best of two worlds - be yourself and concentrate on relaxation, rejuvenation and join in group activities if you want.   You don't have to wait for someone else or others to decide what to do for a consensus - you want to do something, go somewhere, just do it!   Take a nap in the middle of the day? Do it!   Load up a TV series you've wanted to watch and binge watch by the pool, in the Crows Nest, wherever you want.  Want to explore mindfulness? You have 21 days to set a side time each day to practice.  You want to try something new?  Do it!

I envy you for taking that cruise.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

To celebrate retiring, I went solo on a 28-day cruise - a b2b that included crossing from Japan to Alaska followed by a 14-day Alaska cruise. I loved it - it was a great way to unwind after more than 40 years working. My husband had no interest in doing a crossing or such a long trip so I went solo. It was my first solo cruise though I'd done solo land vacations. The trip included 9 consecutive days at sea. 

If you have any questions about the solo experience, try the solo board here. (Link in post #6.)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, Buddy31825 said:

This will be my 8th cruise. My first solo cruise, a 24 day transpacific on 5 oct. Anyone think I should have done a shorter one.

You dropped in briefly to the Roll Call. There are some solo cruisers on the TP, myself included. Only you know if this is the right cruise for you. I hope you like sea days, because we have lots. I personally love longer cruises and sea days. 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:06 AM, Buddy31825 said:

This will be my 8th cruise. My first solo cruise, a 24 day transpacific on 5 oct. Anyone think I should have done a shorter one.

This sounds amazing! What we think don't matter since it's your say. I bet you'll have a great time and you'll enjoy the whole experience! Good luck!