Princess transfer to MIA times?

macmax

We have a 12:00 flt out of MIA and are considering using Princess's transfer. This is the earliest time that they will accept

and it's only about 45 minutes drive but I'm wondering if anyone knows approx., what time the bus usually departs from PE.

36 minutes ago, macmax said:

We have a 12:00 flt out of MIA and are considering using Princess's transfer. This is the earliest time that they will accept

and it's only about 45 minutes drive but I'm wondering if anyone knows approx., what time the bus usually departs from PE.

From the Princess FAQ's. I would take a taxi or Uber/Lyft. Taxi is around $75 for two, Uber maybe $50? For a noon flight you would have to arrive at least by 10am for a domestic flight and maybe 9am for your international flight.

Disembarking Passengers
Earliest International Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 5 hours after ship's arrival.
Earliest Domestic Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 4 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival.

Earliest International Flight Departure for Miami: 7 hours after ship's arrival.
Earliest Domestic Flight Departure for Miami: 6 hours after ship's arrival.

Edited by skynight

11 minutes ago, macmax said:

Thanks but I would like to know if anyone who has used Princess's transfers knows approx. what time the bus leaves?

I am going to answer this way.

If you are on an international flight Princess will only allow you to book a transfer if the ship arrives at 5am. For a U.S. domestic flight the ship arrival time is 6am. If you are within these guidelines you can book a transfer and Princess will assign you to a bus to get you there. If you are not within these guidelines you will have to book a private transfer.

I have done both and the private transfers are really easier, and most times less expensive.

Edited by skynight

I have already checked with Princess and our small group are within the guidelines and their transfers are quite reasonable at $37cad/pp which is actually lower than many  private companies and believe it or not, not everyone a smart phone and therefore  can't access the Uber app.

I would just like to know from those that have used the Princess transfer, approx.. what time did the bus depart.

• Like 1

We used the transfer to MIA a few years ago. The bus filled quite quickly and we were on the road in minutes. Arrived at the airport and we grabbed our luggage and were in the airport very fast. All total I would say an hour or less from start to finish. Good luck and enjoy. 

11 minutes ago, terrysko2000 said:

We used the transfer to MIA a few years ago. The bus filled quite quickly and we were on the road in minutes. Arrived at the airport and we grabbed our luggage and were in the airport very fast. All total I would say an hour or less from start to finish. Good luck and enjoy. 

What TIME did the bus leave the port for MIA? That is the question yet to be answered.

Edited by Aggie83
Edit.

38 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

What TIME did the bus leave the port for MIA? That is the question yet to be answered.

They have buses going a multiple different times, starting about 15-30 minutes after the ship is cleared to begin disembarkation. There is no "exact time" as ship's arrival, and ship's clearance both make a difference for when they can start. If you're estimated arrival time is 5 or 6 am, buses would start about 7:15/7:30.. and they're running all morning, with different leaving times based on different flight times. You'll be assigned to the one that suits your flight best. If you're not happy with the time when it's assigned, go to guest services and ask to be in thr earlier, or later, group.

When you use a ship bus transfer you cannot be sure of the time the bus will depart.  The truth is that the bus you board will not leave until it is full (and the luggage loaded).  If you are lucky and it fills quickly (or you are among the last to board) you will be on your way quickly.  If the bus does not fill you could sit in the bus for 30 min.

We also prefer private transfers or Uber (less money then a cruise line transfer).  Another issue with bus transfers is where the bus ultimately stops at the airport which may or may not be anywhere near you need to go for your airline.  When you use Uber/Lyft you will be dropped at the proper terminal and door.  

Hank

Last year on the Caribbean Princess the folks taking the tour with a drop off at MIA had to meet in the theater at 7:55am. The straight up transfer to MIA folks met at 8:45. I don’t know what time the bus actually left, but those meeting times are right from the disembarkation sheet.

11 hours ago, idahospud said:

Last year on the Caribbean Princess the folks taking the tour with a drop off at MIA had to meet in the theater at 7:55am. The straight up transfer to MIA folks met at 8:45. I don’t know what time the bus actually left, but those meeting times are right from the disembarkation sheet.

That info is helpful.  Thank you!

you will want to get off the ship early as possible, because lines do form for taxi's.  

We fly to the west coast... what we often do is stay in an hotel over night, then get a taxi early to get an early morning flight the next day.   If leaving from Miami, we often stay at the Miami Airport Hilton, then arrange for the taxi with hotel staff the night before.   There are a lot of airport hotels besides Hilton. 

We used a shuttle service - Metro-City tours for 8 of us.  Total cost was $170 (plus tip to driver) for roundtrip Miami to cruise ship and on return from ship to Miami airport.  They provided excellent service and were waiting for us with a sign at the Miami airport.  On return they were in area where shuttles/taxi's go and they again were very prompt.  I highly recommend them.

METRO-CITYTOURS
Gisela
Reservations
954-849-7612
T.Free 888-470-3130

On 9/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, Aggie83 said:

8:45and we were at the airport by 10... very quick...had to check my prior cruise documents....sorry I didn’t have the exact TIME on my past post. 

18 hours ago, terrysko2000 said:

8:45and we were at the airport by 10... very quick...had to check my prior cruise documents....sorry I didn’t have the exact TIME on my past post. 

Just what I wanted to know.

Thank you!

We left with the last group to disembark and that was about 10 I believe. It was on the Caribbean Princess in April. It all went really smooth, got in the line, got in the bus, the bus left straight away, and dropped me off at  my terminal. Price was better than organizing Uber or other private vehicles.