LATITUDES POINTS PROBLEMS

Shih-tzu

My husband and I took our first Norwegian cruise the first week of May.   My NCL account shows my 7 nights, but my husband's doesn't.   I have e-mailed Norwegian at least 5 times and called once.   The rep that answered indicated that he had two accounts (the one that we created when we booked and another number they assigned him) and they were going to submit info to IT to have them merged into the one account.  On every e-mail and call I gave them the reservation number, ship name, room number and my account number so they could cross reference the booking if required so they should be able to find everything.

To date, his NCL account is still showing he has never had a cruise.    Anyone else had this problem?  And how many calls/e-mails did it take?  Am we alone on this issue?

On my last e-mail, I indicated until such time as the issue is fixed we wouldn't consider booking another cruise.   It seems they don't care if customers return.   I sent my last e-mail 3 weeks ago and **crickets**.   

Their Latitudes site indicates that you can only get credited for past sailings within a year.... seems like it may take that long, but instead of chasing any more for Latitude points, I'd rather be looking at cruises to purchase - and so far HAL and Carnival have gotten this winter's bookings (just on principle as at least our points/VIP/Mariner status is up-to-date).

I feel your pain with regard to getting a response from them.

One thing I will say is that if it is a case of having two accounts then I don’t think that the one year rule applies. That is if a cruise hasn’t credited, but from what you say they have been credited but to a different account. In that case it is just a case of merging the accounts.

One other thing, if they set up a different account for him then can’t you just use that number in the future, as it will have the points credited.

• Like 1

Are you contacting the general support folks or the Latitudes folks?  When I was booking my next cruise my TA didn't have all my info for the hold booking to get me quotes so it generated a new Latitudes number, a quick call by her to the Latitudes department got the accounts merged into my old one and everything is square...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Smarty said:

Why don't you just log into the account that has the cruise posted to it? 🙂

They created a Latitudes number but when I asked for it she indicated that it would be merged with the "My NCL account" that we can see.  If I knew the number (or knew where to go to find it), I'd do that and try to go backwards.  Would it be on his old key card if I could find it?  

31 minutes ago, hallux said:

Are you contacting the general support folks or the Latitudes folks?  When I was booking my next cruise my TA didn't have all my info for the hold booking to get me quotes so it generated a new Latitudes number, a quick call by her to the Latitudes department got the accounts merged into my old one and everything is square...

The e-mails were to the Latitudes folks.   The call was to the general number.

13 minutes ago, Shih-tzu said:

They created a Latitudes number but when I asked for it she indicated that it would be merged with the "My NCL account" that we can see.  If I knew the number (or knew where to go to find it), I'd do that and try to go backwards.  Would it be on his old key card if I could find it?  

if you still have a copy of your edocs, the latitude number is on it.

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you still have a copy of your edocs, the latitude number is on it.

Found them - went in and tried to change the Latitude number and it wouldn't let me.

Went and created a new account with the new number but now won't let me on with the user name -keeps bringing up the old one...…..

Maybe I'll have to create yet a third one using a different user name...…. but when I used the "new" number and set up the account it didn't say the name was already taken.    We'll give it a day to see what happens 🙂   

Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions.  

one of our travel companions we will be with in a few weeks is having trouble with them as well. One of her problems is trying to get her credit for her 3 previous cruises as her last name has changed. 3 times she has talked to them and each time they say they have made the correction but each time something is wrong. One time they got her new name wrong; Got that cleared up but shows her with only 1 cruise: 2nd time got her sailings correct but not the name. And on  and on . AS for us, we are plat plus, we will never make Ambassador as we are abut to take our last cruise, and we show all the correct cruises anyway, but they do have us listed as "inside" cabins 1/2 the time. Not that is makes any difference but we have never stayed in an inside cabin on NCL. 

We have this problem as well.  Hubby shows no Latitude points even though we’ve been on six NCL cruises together.  When I’ve called about it, reps have always been able to ‘see’ in their system that he’s sailed with them before.  Have not been able to merge all of his points into one account though numerous reps at NCL have tried.  Hubby will only cruise with me so he’s told me not to keep stressing about it.

We went on our first Princess cruise this past May—hubby got a loyalty number, phone calls and emails from Princess thanking him for sailing with them.  Gave us a complimentary room upgrade.  He may not be bothered by NCL’s lack of loyalty support but we’ve book three more Princess cruises!

We had the same problem with my husband's account, it turned out that the NCL rep had put his middle name as his surname and his surname as his middle name (i.e. Fred Jones John rather than Fred John Jones), now I know I just use that configuration of his name instead and the points line up.  

Seems every time we made a new reservation, either DW or I would get a new number.  Luckily we got instant emails saying they noticed this and all was transferred to new number.  That has been great.

However, as I've said in many threads, this is the worst department of any company I've ever dealt with.  Reading (or listening) is not fundamental in that dept.