Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

It was the best of times... It was the worst of times... Shortly after my return from the Norwegian Breakaway in February, I found out that I 
would have to find a new place to live in the next couple of months. I had just started a new job, that wasn't quite going so well, and now this... I had no future cruises booked, which further compounded my bleak outlook on life. I needed to get a countdown going to ease my 
frustration. I began poking around online, and was close to pulling the trigger on a 7 day Vista sailing out of Galveston... I looked around some more, and 
came across an 8 day sailing on Carnival's newest ship, the Horizon. It ended up being only a few hundred dollars more, and it was a Southern Caribbean itinerary, to all new ports to me, and I just held my breath and clicked the "book now" button...

My countdown was 196 days, and my 50th birthday would fall smack dab in the middle of the cruise. Now, at least I had something to look forward 
to in my life... It did take the sting out of the depression I was feeling, not knowing where I would even be living in the near future. I had already started packing my stuff, as the move was inevitable. 

***Disclaimer: If you're not really interested in the whole "pre-cruise" hoopla and rigmarole, please feel free to wait until Friday for the "real time" travel day and cruise edition... My reviews tend to be verbose, bordering on boring, so you've been warned. If backstories, 
planning, side stories, and digressions interest you, then pour yourself a drink, and continue reading...

One of the goals with my "Reviews" is to inform, but for the most part they're meant to entertain... Please don't take anything I say or do too 
seriously. If you're easily offended, or lack a good sense of humor, you may want to employ the use of your comfort animal, or locate the 
shortest route to your "safe space"... I encourage you to chime in along the way with your comments. I'm going to be traveling by myself, so I 
could use some "virtual company" along the way. 

If you're still with me, prepare yourself for a journey of dinosauric proportions... I want to make it seem like you're right there with me, whether it be on the ship, in the back of a cab, or walking around in strange and far away places... I'll attempt to convey the sights, sounds, and yes, even the scents and tastes of my adventure. Oftentimes, I may go off on a tangent that strays far from the main story. That'll be half the fun of it. Even I have no idea where this is going... Whatever happens, that'll be the story. Nothing more... Nothing less...

***Photo below stolen from the internet...

70855799_2461083217444334_783246552679317504_o.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:
If you're easily offended, or lack a good sense of humor, you may want to employ the use of your comfort animal, or locate the 
shortest route to your "safe space"...

LMAO at that one!!! 

Looking forward to traveling with you.  I'm going on a solo cruise out of Galveston on the Vista on Nov. 2, and I'm contemplating doing a live review myself.

• Like 4

In addition to that, I also bought another bottle of Flyby... One that I've recommend before, and I've seen other people use it in their reviews, with success as well... I should really see if they could give me a monetary kickback for all the free advertising...

IMG_20190917_080006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another thing I've been experimenting with at home lately is called DHM... It's also one of the ingredients in the others, but this is just the pure stuff... (By the way, all of these items were bought from Amazon... Maybe they could give me a kickback as well...

IMG_20190917_080528.jpg

I guess that y'all have figured out that I like to do a little drinking while I'm on vacation... (You might say that I do a pretty good bit of that at home too...) Don't worry, non-drinkers there'll be a whole lot of food p0rn as well...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:
I had no future cruises booked, which further compounded my bleak outlook on life. I needed to get a countdown going to ease my 
frustration.

SAME!!! I have a widget on my phone that countdowns to my next cruise! If only a cruise was booked...😖

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, csj092809 said:

I am on this cruise, as well! Look forward to your take and experiences. Will be reading along while aboard with you 🙂

Awesome! You'll get to experience the cruise live, in person, as well as virtually...

• Like 2

I went ahead and made reservations at every specialty restaurant on the ship, including the Chef's Table. I figured that I may as well celebrate 
in style, even though my entire future was uncertain. It's pretty much how I've lived my entire life, so why stop now?... One time, about 20 
years ago, I went out and bought a brand new car, even though I didn't even have a job at the time. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of 
faith, and hope everything works out... 

My apartment search basically took over all of my free time. I spent hours every day after work scouring online sites / craigslist / ect... 

Finally, around mid-April, I found a place near work and within my budget, although it would be a stretch... I went through the application 
process, and was approved, even though I had to fudge on my income a bit... On June 4th, I was finally in my new place, and hopefully this would 
be a whole new beginning for my life. If you're interested in the entire arduous journey to my new place, you can read about it here:

• Like 5

After my Breakaway cruise in February, there were some readers that didn't want it to end, even if it meant I had to write about my normal (not so normal) everyday life... It basically documents the trials and tribulations of my apartment search and eventual move. Plus, there's a pretty good amount of food & beverage p0rn along the way... This thread has been ongoing for awhile now, and it's now over 130 pages in length. There are a small group of really nice people who read and comment, and it's sort of become like a big "group therapy" type thing... 

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:
After my Breakaway cruise in February, there were some readers that didn't want it to end, even if it meant I had to write about my normal (not so normal) everyday life... It basically documents the trials and tribulations of my apartment search and eventual move. Plus, there's a pretty good amount of food & beverage p0rn along the way... This thread has been ongoing for awhile now, and it's now over 130 pages in length. There are a small group of really nice people who read and comment, and it's sort of become like a big "group therapy" type thing... 

Yay!  Book marking this for those moments I should be *working* on my computer.  That's what Alt-Tab is for

• Like 2

Hey Sid! I'm sailing on the Sunrise this week (and next), and instead of docking in Bermuda today, we are in Charleston. Damn you Humberto! Anyway,  while Patti shops I am sitting at a bar having the first of many drinks. I will raise the next one to you! Have a great cruise and I look forward to your adventures, especially at the Alchemy Bar. We love the raspberry martini's there.😀

• Like 13