Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Charbroiled oysters...with garlic butter.

Do charbroiled oysters come in a can like that?  I thought of smoked oysters because of the can.  I like them on saltine crackers.  They used to sell smoked baby oysters, which were better, but they don't anymore.  😞 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bnbeyer said:

Do charbroiled oysters come in a can like that?  I thought of smoked oysters because of the can.  I like them on saltine crackers.  They used to sell smoked baby oysters, which were better, but they don't anymore.  😞 

Oh ok. No they come off a grill. I assumed you were talking about oysters out of a smoker or something. I don't think I eat any seafood out of a can really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I just found out that the owner of my company is going to take me out to a nice restaurant for my birthday dinner... I promise that the food and beverage p0rn will be a significant improvement from my 89 cent lunch...

Will you be cross posting this dinner experience?  Asking for a tribe friend.  Owner male or owner female?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JennVT said:

Another member of the Tribe here for the drinks, food p0rn, and the time honored tradition of bathroom pictures!

How could I forget about the bathroom pictures? He seriously should make a coffee table book with those.  And he hasn't even mentioned them once.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cml4958 said:

Will you be cross posting this dinner experience?  Asking for a tribe friend.  Owner male or owner female?

We'll just post this dinner on the official Live Review... And, sorry, no restroom photos... But, spoiler alert: it'll all probably be reruns for you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Wilson!  Woo Hoo!

So glad to hear you got your living arrangements sorted out and hope the new job is going well.  In a few days, just forget about those pesky things and enjoy and have fun!

Forget about those people who have to suck the fun out of everything.  Geez...people are so darn sensitive!  Anyway, you NEVER offended.  Keep doing what you're doing...Sid style 🙂

I am still lurking these boards since I do want to try Carnival (again), but it seems their pricing is high for a "Solo".  In the meantime, I am heading out out the Escape next month and snagged a great deal on the Armonia in April 2020.  I need to start planning for the next.  LOL!  Maybe it will be Horizon...

I am following (as usual).  Yay!

🍹🥃😉

• Like 1

I should be at home doing laundry right now, but the owner of my company invited me out for dinner and drinks tonight, so I'm doing that instead... We are at one of her favorite places tonight, which makes it one of my favorite places, Houston's on Peachtree St...

My usual drink here is their great margarita...

IMG_20190918_173226.thumb.jpg.070e88057af6c80cd61fe5d5f006cdec.jpg

And, perusing the menu, to see what looks good... (Hint: you could pretty much close your eyes and point to anything on the menu, and you would end up being very satisfied)

IMG_20190918_173446.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Hi Wilson!  Woo Hoo!

So glad to hear you got your living arrangements sorted out and hope the new job is going well.  In a few days, just forget about those pesky things and enjoy and have fun!

Forget about those people who have to suck the fun out of everything.  Geez...people are so darn sensitive!  Anyway, you NEVER offended.  Keep doing what you're doing...Sid style 🙂

I am still lurking these boards since I do want to try Carnival (again), but it seems their pricing is high for a "Solo".  In the meantime, I am heading out out the Escape next month and snagged a great deal on the Armonia in April 2020.  I need to start planning for the next.  LOL!  Maybe it will be Horizon...

I am following (as usual).  Yay!

🍹🥃😉

Thanks for being here, Oceanbluewaters... The Escape is still my all time favorite...

A few months ago, I discovered the "traditional salad" here at Houston's... It has now become my favorite salad of all time, featuring buttermilk garlic dressing, bacon, egg, and homemade cornbread croutons...

IMG_20190918_175438.thumb.jpg.57751e6d5259cd2a2e7290082a4d5651.jpg

And, of course, another one of their great margaritas, with house squeezed lime... I've heard that the secret to the foam on top, is egg whites in the mix...

IMG_20190918_175255.jpg

• Like 2

Oh boy,
Another Houston restaurant dinner which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

And another member of Sid's Clan of "Sid Seriously Needs This Vacation + 50th Birthday Cruise". It's been my pleasure to be a member of the other site.

• Like 1

I have a few all time favorites here... The ribs, prime rib, and the Hawaiian ribeye, among other things... Tonight, I'm having the double cut bone in pork chop, with garlic mashed potatoes and red cabbage and goat cheese...

IMG_20190918_181048.thumb.jpg.f84f43594e8c96d445c72cb68f24aadd.jpg

Just look at the size of that pork chop!... (I've started eating it already, and I'm going to tell you, this thing is so tender you could actually chew it even if you didn't have teeth...)

IMG_20190918_181057.thumb.jpg.6db231ea13a22b96f8de863f32c82959.jpg

And, obviously you can't have pork chops without another margarita... Well, you could, but that would just be stupid...

IMG_20190918_181346.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh...you’ll have Anna Maria. She seems to be one of the most popular alchemists.

I sure hope she's willing to go "off the menu" for me... Side note: to this day, I've still never had a single drink listed on the Alchemy Bar menu...

16 minutes ago, blarko said:

We’ve been waiting for this Sid. Guess we’ll keep the “other thread” alive while our leader goes on your long awaited cruise. Will you only be posting on this one for the next week?

I may pop in a couple of times, but this is what I've been really waiting for the entire time that's been going on... Thanks for making it over for "the real thing"...

• Like 2

Getting ready to start heading home now... Good thing I'm not driving at least... I'm going to try and get some packing done tonight, because I have to go and do my part time job after regular work tomorrow... I probably will have a few more drinks once I get home...

6 minutes ago, 4ptjo said:

I’m in! I somehow found you on Ay Tee EL and now I’m hooked. Have a wonderful vacation and Happy Birthday to you! Cheers! 🎉

You must be one of the "lurkers" I don't recognize the username... Welcome to the party!...

• Like 1