transportation to the cruuise terminal in manhattan

Bacci111

No bus company will take you directly to the cruise terminal on the west side of Manhattan. You can take a New York bound bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Exit the building and grab a taxi for the short ride over to Pier 90. If your close to a New Jersey Transit Train Station you would exit at Penn Station in Manhattan. You do the same thing and hail a cab for the short trip over to the cruise terminal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corby114 said:

No bus company will take you directly to the cruise terminal on the west side of Manhattan. You can take a New York bound bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Exit the building and grab a taxi for the short ride over to Pier 90. If your close to a New Jersey Transit Train Station you would exit at Penn Station in Manhattan. You do the same thing and hail a cab for the short trip over to the cruise terminal.

Only thing I would add is that on your return, you have to go across the street from the Cruise terminal to get a cab.  Follow the mob.

• Like 1

If you get off at Penn Station, and go to the 8th Avenue taxi curbside stand, please be aware that sometimes an individual will rush up to you, and say that he can get a cab for you, but you must pre-pay him with 50 dollars.

Once gotten, he will do the 100 yard dash in five seconds and you will never catch him.

Unfortunately, there is no cop nor city official to guard against this.

I have seen this happen.

Always, extend your hand out to gain your own cab.

This is better than walking 14 street blocks north and 4 city blocks west to get to the ship terminal and costs less than 15 bucks. 

9 hours ago, Richpontone said:

If you get off at Penn Station, and go to the 8th Avenue taxi curbside stand, please be aware that sometimes an individual will rush up to you, and say that he can get a cab for you, but you must pre-pay him with 50 dollars.

Once gotten, he will do the 100 yard dash in five seconds and you will never catch him.

Unfortunately, there is no cop nor city official to guard against this.

I have seen this happen.

Always, extend your hand out to gain your own cab.

This is better than walking 14 street blocks north and 4 city blocks west to get to the ship terminal and costs less than 15 bucks. 

Walking is definitely silly.  If you want to cheap it, take the subway to 48th street and then stagger down the hill to the port with your bags.  I've never had any difficulty getting Uber or Lyft, under $20, about 15 minutes and they drop you off on the upper level.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

There are Transbridge buses that go from Allentown, PA directly to the cruise terminal.  Parking at the Allentown Airport is $5/night with the first 3 nights being free.

But that would mean driving an hour in the opposite direction. Somerset county is an hour west of Manhattan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billslowsky said:

Walking is definitely silly.  If you want to cheap it, take the subway to 48th street and then stagger down the hill to the port with your bags.  I've never had any difficulty getting Uber or Lyft, under $20, about 15 minutes and they drop you off on the upper level.

hey everyone exercise is siily, saving money is silly

I live in north central NJ. I drive to the pier and park there. A limo or cab round trip is about $75 cheaper but it is just easier to drive and not have to figure out where they will pick you up etc. plus some of them drive like maniacs, lol. But that’s just what works for me. 

Not all spinners & rollerboards can survive the tough & rough pavements and sidewalks of NYC, especially bouncing over extended distances - well, having a lifetime warranty like those B&R, Eagle Creek, Travelpro (some) or Kirkland Signature series (by Costo) definitely is a plus (with user/easily replaceable wheels, i.e. eBags) 

Waking to the cruise terminal from Amtrak/train and/or bus terminal to the pier itself is fine if one is physically fit and able, weather cooperating ...  Most cruise ship pax - do not pack or travel lightly, but some do.  

On 9/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, Newleno said:

I take megabus to penn station area then walk  down 34th street west to the hudson river then walk up north to the pier, pier is about 1.3 miles from penn station

You have actually done this?

With any luggage?

Why?

Are you aware that it is over two miles from Penn Station to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal? 

Edited by navybankerteacher
Detail.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, navybankerteacher said:

You have actually done this?

With any luggage?

Why?

Are you aware that it is over two miles from Penn Station to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal? 

We have done this at least 6 times, we like exercise, we are frugal, right now we are getting ready to leave for dinner we have a two for one coupon, yeah two for one baby, thats what Im talking bout, yes our luggage is a carryon rollerboard with jhook for tote bag, (literally one finger "pull"), we each have one, whether we go for a week long cruise or 28 day asia cruise same luggage.

Edited by Newleno