Magic Cove Balcony...Smells and noise? Cabin 2365

Laurie7724

Hi all! We are looking at booking a Cove Balcony on Carnival Magic. We have stayed in balcony cabins higher up but are wanting to try a cove this time around. The cabin we are looking at is 2365. I have heard some reviews about sewer smells in hallways of deck 2 and on certain balconies and also noise being heard from the galley with the cove balcony cabins. Was wondering if anyone that has stayed in this cabin or anywhere close can comment on your experience. Also was curious if this cabin has a lifeboat overhead? Thanks so much for any and all replies 🙂

We have stayed a couple times in the Cove balcony on the Magic. Our room number was 2272. We chose this specific room because there are no life boats above us and we could see the stars at night. We had no noise issues at all and we never smelled any sewer smells our entire trip anywhere in the hallways. Hope this helps. 

P3180188.JPG

3 hours ago, Laurie7724 said:

The cabin we are looking at is 2365.

We have sailed in several Cove balconies and never had a sewer smell in the cabin or on the balcony. Regarding noise, this cabin is over the forward portion of the Galley. And, yes, there is a lifeboat.

1 hour ago, tandemcruzr said:

We have sailed in several Cove balconies and never had a sewer smell in the cabin or on the balcony. Regarding noise, this cabin is over the forward portion of the Galley. And, yes, there is a lifeboat.

We had a cove on the dream a little further back than yours and were worried about the noise from the galley at night. A couple of times it sounded like distant thunder (kind of muffled) but nothing that lasted more than a few seconds. The coves I prefer are up near the front of the ship, under the excursion desk. But never had a problem with smells either time.

• Like 1

We fell in love with Cove balconies on the Magic a few years ago in a cabin just 6 doors forward from yours.  We had no issues with noise or smells at all.  Great room!  We've also enjoyed a cove on Dream and are looking forward to our cove on Breeze next May.  As for those "funny" smells onboard... They can happen anywhere on any ship.  Enjoy your cruise!

2 minutes ago, Tom.Terrific said:

We fell in love with Cove balconies on the Magic a few years ago in a cabin just 6 doors forward from yours.  We had no issues with noise or smells at all.  Great room!  We've also enjoyed a cove on Dream and are looking forward to our cove on Breeze next May.  As for those "funny" smells onboard... They can happen anywhere on any ship.  Enjoy your cruise!

Happy to see posts like this, my daughter and I have our first Cove balcony on the Dream in March and I wasn't sure about it as I usually am up on 7 or 8 with a standard balcony