Silly question...

clairol

Having read some of the commentary on here, I will preface this question that some things which are important to some people are not important to others. This is also not a make or break life or death inquiry... just general curiosity as I think about the various Oceania things which make me happy and which I look forward to when anticipating an upcoming trip... 

So we are coming up on our fourth Oceania cruise and up until the last cruise - fall 2017 - we always received the delicious green tea (the vert) scented Bulgari lotions, shampoos, soaps etc. On this last cruise we received the blue (the bleu) - oh the horror! 😲 I spoke to our concierge and she said that they started giving different categories different scents - or flavors as I like to call them. She then generously hooked us up with my beloved green... 😉

So here is the (silly) question... has anyone who has been on board recently know who gets what?

Thanks!

Clare

• Like 1

Clairol - I don't think it is a silly question at all.  We MUCH prefer the green tea/Vert fragrance to the others from Bvlgari.  Green Tea is what we use at home.  Glad to hear PH gets green tea - boarding Riviera in 42 days for our first Oceania cruise!

Mike

• Like 1

This thread introduces a concern for us.  We are sailing with O in about three weeks for the first time in concierge veranda cabin.  We are both sensitive to strongly scented soaps/shampoos, etc.  When you are referring to the scents of these products, would you classify them as "strong" or "lingering"?  If so, are unscented options available or should we plan to bring our own.  TIA

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ropomo said:

This thread introduces a concern for us.  We are sailing with O in about three weeks for the first time in concierge veranda cabin.  We are both sensitive to strongly scented soaps/shampoos, etc.  When you are referring to the scents of these products, would you classify them as "strong" or "lingering"?  If so, are unscented options available or should we plan to bring our own.  TIA

Our TA requested unscented/hypo-allergenic products in advance for us and we got them. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ropomo said:

This thread introduces a concern for us.  We are sailing with O in about three weeks for the first time in concierge veranda cabin.  We are both sensitive to strongly scented soaps/shampoos, etc.  When you are referring to the scents of these products, would you classify them as "strong" or "lingering"?  If so, are unscented options available or should we plan to bring our own.

They have a very soft scent but a scent none the less. 

7 hours ago, clairol said:

has anyone who has been on board recently know who gets what?

When I was in a Penthouse suite, I got to choose blue or green...and could switch anytime. 

In an oceanview cabin, I got only the white/clear...no choice given.

• Like 1

I always have noted 2 things on my mid & end of cruise comments that I would like changed;

1) provide scent-free cleaning products to be used by the cabin attendants  (i always open the sliders when i come into the room after they've cleaned just to get rid of the scents-5 minutes or less usually works)

2)  lower the decibel level of the band in Horizons for HHour;  I like to be able to hear the person sitting next to me while having drinks at the end of another lovely day on board.  We have had staff stop by the table to say 'hi' and they have to go ask the band to turn down the volume so we can hear each other.  I love the band-- I  think they are awesome, and I enjoy their music choices.

I've even suggested that periodically the string quartet stay there for another hour after tea just to provide a quiet time place for HH drinks--maybe once a week?

i understand that the 'band shell wall' that was up there has been removed in the refit of the R ships.  That area immediately behind the wall was our go-to area to provide an acoustical barrier for us.

• Like 2