Golf Cart Rental in Bonaire

miss_rach

Bonaire Cruisers is the company we go through to book a golf cart for the day. They are a wonderful company to work with and very organized. They do sell out as they are very popular. We are renting from them again in January 2020. Good luck.

Edited by ransrider
  • Like 1

I agree with ransrider.....just google them and email them.  they are very responsive.  it's quite fun.  No money to reserve, they will hold them til about 11 but there are others who haven't reserved waiting for the no shows.  we just did it on our sept. 8-15 cruise.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, DkswartzFamily said:

Are there any other companies? We LOVED bonaire cruisers but they are filled for our last minute cruise

I don't know of another but you may want to stop by their tent anyway bc they don't accept a deposit as part of the reservation.  Therefore, their cancellation policy is such that they will hold a reserved cart until 2 hours after a ship has docked.  If a person is a no-show, they will release the cart to someone else.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Daisy00 said:

We are renting one in February. The price is $95 for the day. 

Well I think you are absolutely going to LOVE it!  We are post-cruise since I asked that question and I have to say that by far, Bonaire and the golf cart was our favorite experience of the whole cruise (in terms of excursions).  We walked off the ship and straight to their tent where someone was waiting to mark our names off a list.  She then directed us to the main location to pick of the cart.  We received a brief orientation and were provided with a map, and off we went.  We did both loops, which I highly recommend as the scenery is so different on each one.  Be sure and bring water and sun screen and a couple of towels in case you want to sit out and watch the kite surfers.  There is a little storage basket in the back of the cart for your things.  This bar, on the tip of the south loop is not to be missed.  We stopped here for a light refreshment before making the last leg toward the boat.  I hope you enjoy!

bonaire 7.jpg

bonaire 8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well I think you are absolutely going to LOVE it!  We are post-cruise since I asked that question and I have to say that by far, Bonaire and the golf cart was our favorite experience of the whole cruise (in terms of excursions).  We walked off the ship and straight to their tent where someone was waiting to mark our names off a list.  She then directed us to the main location to pick of the cart.  We received a brief orientation and were provided with a map, and off we went.  We did both loops, which I highly recommend as the scenery is so different on each one.  Be sure and bring water and sun screen and a couple of towels in case you want to sit out and watch the kite surfers.  There is a little storage basket in the back of the cart for your things.  This bar, on the tip of the south loop is not to be missed.  We stopped here for a light refreshment before making the last leg toward the boat.  I hope you enjoy!

bonaire 7.jpg

bonaire 8.jpg

Thank you so much for your response. One month to go and I am getting so excited. We will definitely have a drink at this bar and do a toast to you!

Cindy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, cruisinmamma said:

We are also looking for another golf cart company any recommendations?

I only know of Bonaire Cruisers on the island.  If they are booked for your day, I would check in with them when you get there just to see if they have a cancellation.  They will only hold your reserved cart for 2 hours after your ship docks.  Then they let it go to others.  Our ship docked at 7 AM and we had until 9 AM to get to the tent.  We arrived pretty close to 9 and there were still many names on the list that had not been crossed off...meaning they hadn't shown up yet.  It's worth checking.  Oh, and if you e-mail them directly, you can ask to be added to a wait list.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

An ask to all cruisers renting Golf Carts.  PLEASE be considerate and pull off to the side for car traffic behind you.  The roads are very narrow while I understand the carts are good for your seeing the island, please give way to the cars and trucks when possible.   

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

I agree. I saw a lot of golf carts yesterday and it was so sunny, I couldn't imagine the heat and fumes. We got a car that was $80 for everything and I'd take that any day. You can see so much more. 

We were behind so many golf carts and couldn't pass because roads in some spots were too narrow. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I agree. I saw a lot of golf carts yesterday and it was so sunny, I couldn't imagine the heat and fumes. We got a car that was $80 for everything and I'd take that any day. You can see so much more. 

We were behind so many golf carts and couldn't pass because roads in some spots were too narrow. 

We didn't experience any fumes and as for the heat, we didn't feel that either thanks to the breeze.  We pulled over to allow others to pass whenever we could.  It seems that the majority of the locals on the island accept the golf carts as a frequent mode of transport and were very patient when there was no immediate place to pull over.  I can't imagine that I would have seen any more of the island by rented car as we did both loops and stopped often.  Isn't it great that there are options to suit lots of different needs and preferences!!  Glad you had nice weather during your visit.

14 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We didn't experience any fumes and as for the heat, we didn't feel that either thanks to the breeze.  We pulled over to allow others to pass whenever we could.  It seems that the majority of the locals on the island accept the golf carts as a frequent mode of transport and were very patient when there was no immediate place to pull over.  I can't imagine that I would have seen any more of the island by rented car as we did both loops and stopped often.  Isn't it great that there are options to suit lots of different needs and preferences!!  Glad you had nice weather during your visit.

We did have beautiful weather. We snorkel a lot so going to multiple spots would never have worked with a golf cart. We left at 815 and got back to port at 415pm. We saw donkey sanctuary, flamingos, salt piers, snorkeled with turtles, 2 other snorkeling spots in the north,. .etc...it was a full day.

My post is not meant as a criticism of golf carts rentals.  Its your vacation, not mine. But they are slow and I saw many people behind many of them yesterday. When that occurs, they should pull over as I did this past Tuesday in a dune buggy in Aruba.  In retrospect, some people did pull over but there were some who just kept going even when there were plenty of spots and there were a long line of cars.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

My post is not meant as a criticism of golf carts rentals.  Its your vacation, not mine. But they are slow and I saw many people behind many of them yesterday. When that occurs, they should pull over as I did this past Tuesday in a dune buggy in Aruba.  In retrospect, some people did pull over but there were some who just kept going even when there were plenty of spots and there were a long line of cars.

So sorry, I didn't take it as a criticism at all.  Didn't mean to come across that way.  For anyone wondering what to do in Bonaire, like we did in planning our cruise excursions, I think it's a good idea to note all the options.  I came across this very thread as part of our research.  Sounds like you were able to do a lot and I love the snorkeling idea!  Sadly, DH prefers breathing above water so I have yet to convince him to give it a try.  😊

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, jean87510 said:

The golf carts were ALL booked by a travel agent the day we are visiting and we are looking at other options.
Was it easy to rent a car and was it easy to get around and park?

Looking for information on the car rental if you are willing to share.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tigstoy said:

The golf carts were ALL booked by a travel agent the day we are visiting and we are looking at other options.
Was it easy to rent a car and was it easy to get around and park?

Looking for information on the car rental if you are willing to share.

yes its is really easy.  We used Caribe rental car.  Total was $76.88.  They do ask for your credit card prior so that they can reserve.

It is so much easier and quicker to drive a car around.  We had a little car and we were able to go all over Bonaire.  Not knocking the golf carts but after having a golf cart in Culebra pre cruise for 2 hours and instantly returning it for a jeep, I just wouldn't rent one in Bonaire unless it's your preference.  Plus, I am not sure of the safety of your belongings in the golf cart.  You have a trunk with the rental car.  I am not sure how that works in Bonaire if you want to stop and snorkel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I live on Bonaire and as one poster said, we are courteous to tourists in golf carts.  That said, we often find them frustrating. 

As we are driving to work, school, running errands, trying to get to the airport, etc.,  we frequently find ourselves stuck behind golf carts on our narrow roads.  If you rent one, please stay as far to the right as possible and if you see a long line of cars behind you, try to pull over.   

(and I know you’ll never do what one tourist in a golf cart did to me a few weeks ago - stopped the cart in the middle of the road, got out and waved his hands, and when I stopped thinking it was an emergency, asked me for directions to the beach. 😎)

kate

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I know this is an older thread but it’s exactly what I’m looking for!  Thanks to @jean87510 I’m going to look into renting a car since BC only has 2 seater golf carts and wre

2 adults and 2 kids.  

Can someone tell me about the “stops” around Bonaire? Is there an entry fee for the donkeys, flamingos, etc.? Can you just park and go in the water at the beaches?

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MelandyGA said:

I know this is an older thread but it’s exactly what I’m looking for!  Thanks to @jean87510 I’m going to look into renting a car since BC only has 2 seater golf carts and wre

2 adults and 2 kids.  

Can someone tell me about the “stops” around Bonaire? Is there an entry fee for the donkeys, flamingos, etc.? Can you just park and go in the water at the beaches?

Thanks!

I’m certain BC had 4 seaters when we were there in 2019. Bummer. Yes, you can pull over and access the beach just about anywhere. Sadly, we only saw the flamingos from a distance and never came across the donkey sanctuary. Guess we will have to go back! 😊. Enjoy!

17 hours ago, MelandyGA said:

2 adults and 2 kids.  

Thanks!

there is a small fee for donkeys.  you'll have to check their website.  It's an amazing experience to hear their story and drive around the compound.  If you like snorkeling, this is the island to pull over and snorkel from shore.  I have great spots we have used on lsnd and cruise vacations.  The flamingos are at a distance every time I see them from the road.  There are also flamingos at the donkey sanctuary.

The beaches are not like beaches say in Antigua or St Martin.  They are snorkeling beaches as in rocky.  One of the spots we love is the salt mines beach which is really rocky to get in BUT amazing once you start snorkeling 🐢🐢🐢😁

Edited by jean87510