Palma de Mallorca DIY - NEW

Host Bonjour

16 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

What is the quickest way back from the Port of Soller? That would be my biggest concern.

Thank you 

ML

We've returned by both bus and train (from Soller after taking the tram from the port).  The train was faster.  However, due to scheduled departure times you might find the bus works better.

1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

We've returned by both bus and train (from Soller after taking the tram from the port).  The train was faster.  However, due to scheduled departure times you might find the bus works better.

Hi ,I find it very irritating that someone answers a question when they give  a wrong answer .Since I live In Mallorca I think I know better.

You can get a bus directly from Port de Soller to Palma Leaves 2.15 pm arrives 2.41 pm, The Train is NOT faster it takes one hour.  

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

where is the bus station in port de soller? is it easy to find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bus stop is about a 6min walk from the sea front I suggest you ask the tourist office which is where the tram stops See google maps it will show you the route

2 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi ,I find it very irritating that someone answers a question when they give  a wrong answer .Since I live In Mallorca I think I know better.

You can get a bus directly from Port de Soller to Palma Leaves 2.15 pm arrives 2.41 pm, The Train is NOT faster it takes one hour.  

We must have taken the scenic route (via Valdemossa)

Hello - we're renting a car from Arash (thanks for tip) to drive to Soller and then work our way back through Valldemossa &  Andratx.  Is this route OK vs starting with Andratx?  Also, before we return our car to the port, we want to walk around Palma - can we park near Palma or should we return car and walk/taxi back to town?

Any comments/suggestions welcomed.  Thank you 

37 minutes ago, cloogs said:

Hello - we're renting a car from Arash (thanks for tip) to drive to Soller and then work our way back through Valldemossa &  Andratx.  Is this route OK vs starting with Andratx?  Also, before we return our car to the port, we want to walk around Palma - can we park near Palma or should we return car and walk/taxi back to town?

Any comments/suggestions welcomed.  Thank you 

This is a great tour I hope you have a full day in port, I would start by driving to Andratx ,straight on to the motorway out of the port (  a stop in Port de Andratx for a coffee on the quay) Don't bother stopping in the town of Andratx.

Follow the road around the coast towards Soller  ( spectacular ) come off for Valldermosa, continue to Soller try to go to Port De Soller .

From Soller take the tunnel back to Palma ,

This a really long day out as the drive around the coast is a good 2 hrs if you are tight on time start by driving to Valldermossa.

Thanks Roger - we're in port from 9am-6pm so i think we should be fine - sounds like we start in Andratx - how much time should we plan on spending in either Soller and Valldermossa - seeing the main sights?   I know it will be a busy day but we're up to it - thanks again

8 minutes ago, cloogs said:

Thanks Roger - we're in port from 9am-6pm so i think we should be fine - sounds like we start in Andratx - how much time should we plan on spending in either Soller and Valldermossa - seeing the main sights?   I know it will be a busy day but we're up to it - thanks again

30 min Drive to Port de Andratx .

On to Valldermossa allow 1 hr drive, might be less, 45min in Valldermossa.

30 min Drive to Port de Soller ,15 mins Drive to Soller 45 mins around the town back to Palma 30 mins through the tunnel all times are approx.

If you have time you can park in any of the underground parking in Palma. but you might only get a drive round.

Roger B,  We will be docked in Palma de Mallorca Oct 26th on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas from 8 am to 4 pm.  Thinking of going into Old Town to see some things, have a bite to eat and just walk around.  What is the best way to get there from the port.   What are the things to see in that area that we can walk to.  And how should we get back to the port.  Also, just wondering what the weather will be the end of October.

We will be back again on Monday, Nov 2nd and we already have plans to visit Soller and Valdemossa so wanted to see some of the city in October. 

Appreciate any information you can provide.

1 hour ago, Danny_rae79 said:

I am looking for recommendation for a beach? Please provide information on what the beach includes and how to get there walking or taxi? Are taxis per person or per ride? Thank you to anyone who has been there already. 

My Recommendation is :

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/illetes/

Illetes beach a 15 min taxi ride from the port about 10/15 euro's the taxi's are metered for 1/4 people .

there are no beaches walkable from the port , this beach has good facilities and is not a party beach.

There 3 small beaches in Illetes all are very safe and have sandy beaches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beachbuddy said:

Roger B,  We will be docked in Palma de Mallorca Oct 26th on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas from 8 am to 4 pm.  Thinking of going into Old Town to see some things, have a bite to eat and just walk around.  What is the best way to get there from the port.   What are the things to see in that area that we can walk to.  And how should we get back to the port.  Also, just wondering what the weather will be the end of October.

We will be back again on Monday, Nov 2nd and we already have plans to visit Soller and Valdemossa so wanted to see some of the city in October. 

Appreciate any information you can provide.

9 hours ago, roger b said:

Here are the best bits to see :

https://www.seemallorca.com/sightseeing-walk-through

The Weather Can be fantastic at the end of October this year it was but no guarantees , get a taxi back to the it is easy and cheap.

Thank you Roger B.  the website is a big help.  One more question.  We can take a taxi back, about how much is the cost?  Should we take a taxi there too or a bus?  There are at least 2 of us, possibly 4.

15 minutes ago, beachbuddy said:

Thank you Roger B.  the website is a big help.  One more question.  We can take a taxi back, about how much is the cost?  Should we take a taxi there too or a bus?  There are at least 2 of us, possibly 4.

Hi ,

Royal C usually dock at the new cruise terminal this is too long a walk just get out of the port gates ,A taxi is cheap about 10 euro's its on a meter and the drivers do not expect a tip ,Give one if you wish but only a small amount. 

Do the  walk that starts at the market  Oliver then its down hill.

You will finish your day somewhere near the Cathedral and you could get the ships shuttle back.

4 minutes ago, roger b said:

Hi ,

Royal C usually dock at the new cruise terminal this is too long a walk just get out of the port gates ,A taxi is cheap about 10 euro's its on a meter and the drivers do not expect a tip ,Give one if you wish but only a small amount. 

Do the  walk that starts at the market  Oliver then its down hill.

You will finish your day somewhere near the Cathedral and you could get the ships shuttle back.

Thank you so much.  I didn't realize that Royal has a shuttle.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:04 PM, roger b said:

30 min Drive to Port de Andratx .

On to Valldermossa allow 1 hr drive, might be less, 45min in Valldermossa.

30 min Drive to Port de Soller ,15 mins Drive to Soller 45 mins around the town back to Palma 30 mins through the tunnel all times are approx.

If you have time you can park in any of the underground parking in Palma. but you might only get a drive round.

Thanks Roger - very much appreciate all your insight

8 minutes ago, smallfry74 said:

We would like to rent a scooter while we are there. Is there a rental place near the cruise port? We will be there in October on Royal.

I have never been asked that question before ,So I will do my best:

https://www.seemallorca.com/scooter/bullimoto-scooter-rental-de-697132?product_id=36232&start_date=2020-04-04

These people might deliver it to the port for you if not it is a short taxi ride away about 10 euro's

Hi roger b...thanks for all the info.  It will be our first time in Palma.

Guessing that Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas will be docking at the new terminal?...how can we find out or do you know?  If docking in the new terminal, walking to town will be too far. 

Based on all the readings, it's best to just take the shuttle from the cruise terminal to town...walk around town...then take the shuttle back.  Thoughts?  Thank you as always.

(Note: The first week, there will be just 2 of us...the second week, there will be 11 of us...all family with 2 using canes...limited walking.)

On 1/23/2020 at 12:51 AM, roger b said:

My Recommendation is :

https://www.abc-mallorca.com/illetes/

Illetes beach a 15 min taxi ride from the port about 10/15 euro's the taxi's are metered for 1/4 people .

there are no beaches walkable from the port , this beach has good facilities and is not a party beach.

There 3 small beaches in Illetes all are very safe and have sandy beaches.

Thank you so much! This sounds like a good plan. Do you know if there is a fee fore entrance and if they rent chairs? thank you again. 

5 hours ago, Danny_rae79 said:

Thank you so much! This sounds like a good plan. Do you know if there is a fee fore entrance and if they rent chairs? thank you again. 

No Entrance fee  All the information is below have a great day !!!

https://www.seemallorca.com/beaches/illetas-beach-palma-de-mallorca-illetes-(beach-resort)-664304

9 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Hi roger b...thanks for all the info.  It will be our first time in Palma.

Guessing that Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas will be docking at the new terminal?...how can we find out or do you know?  If docking in the new terminal, walking to town will be too far. 

Based on all the readings, it's best to just take the shuttle from the cruise terminal to town...walk around town...then take the shuttle back.  Thoughts?  Thank you as always.

(Note: The first week, there will be just 2 of us...the second week, there will be 11 of us...all family with 2 using canes...limited walking.)

There is no way of knowing where your ship will dock just luck of the draw, Personally I would always get a taxi in Palma as they are cheap and safe. You will be old hands by the second week and will see what you are all able to do together.

You will have to all take the shuttle in the second week to stick together.